Assistant/Associate Professor of Anatomy and Physiology
Assistant/Associate Professor of Anatomy and Physiology California Northstate University College of Health Sciences (CHS) Rancho Cordova, California, USA
Job Classification: Full‐time, 12 Month, Exempt
Rank and Salary: Based on educational credentials and previous academic experience
Anticipated Start Date: May 1, 2021
Supervisor: Faculty in the Department of Science and Mathematics report directly to the Department Chair of Science and Mathematics and to the Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
Description of California Northstate University College of Health Sciences: California Northstate University (CNU) is a private university with the main campus located in Elk Grove, California, approximately 15 miles south of Sacramento. CNU is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC). The Elk Grove facility currently houses the College of Pharmacy, College of Medicine, and the College of Psychology. The CNU College of Health Science (CNUCHS) is located at 2910 Prospect Park Drive, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670. CNUCHS offers a traditional Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree with concentrations in human biology, biopsychology, healthcare administration, and biotechnology. In addition, CNUCHS offers several pathways from the BS to CNU colleges of Pharmacy, Medicine, and Psychology, besides a post‐baccalaureate coursework for pre‐medical and pre‐pharmacy students. The CNUCHS curriculum is designed to provide excellent academic preparation for careers in the biomedical professions.
Courses of Primary Teaching Responsibility:
- General Biology I & II with Laboratory
- Human Physiology with Laboratory
- Human Anatomy with Laboratory
- Course‐based Undergraduate Research Experiences
- Other courses as assigned
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan courses and prepare syllabi for approval by the Curriculum Committee
- Maintain good working relationships with the Dean, Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Department Chair, administrative staff, and colleagues in the College of Health Sciences
- Make effective use of appropriate technology, learning software, and the learning management system in course delivery
- Develop an effective teaching style informed by best practices in education literature
- Perform data collection related to monitoring of program and general education learning outcomes as needed to fulfill assessment requirements and to monitor student success
- Communicate effectively with students regarding course content, assignments, and exams
- Keep regular office hours for students, provide tutoring assistance as needed, and perform student advising duties
- Keep active in academic field of specialization through professional development, scholarly research, publishing, and professional activities
- Serve on college and university committees and engage in university and community service including development of outreach activities
- Mentor and supervise undergraduate students in scholarly research projects
- Participate in college and university programs to recruit and retain students
Minimum Qualifications: A doctorate degree in Biological Science, Physiology, or related field with college teaching experience. Demonstrated ability to develop innovative teaching strategies, and experience working with diverse groups.
Applicants should submit:
- Cover letter of interest that addresses qualifications, experience and career goals
- Curriculum vitae
- Official transcripts of all college work (unofficial copies accepted until invited for interview)
- Statement of teaching and scholarly interests
- Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of at least three (3) references who can be contacted by the Search Committee and who can speak to a broad range of candidate’s professional qualifications.
Please submit ALL application materials to the Chair of Science and Mathematics, Damon Meyer, Specific questions regarding course content, required qualifications, or additional application materials should be addressed directly to the Chair of the department (916) 686‐7674.
You can also send your application materials to the HR Department.
Please note that while the main campus for California Northstate University is located in Elk Grove, CA, this position is located at California Northstate University, College of Health Sciences, in Rancho Cordova, CA.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University
AAUP COMPENSATION SURVEY DATAView more
Apply for Assistant/Associate Professor of Anatomy and Physiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly