Professional Research Assistant
Universityof Colorado – School of Dental MedicineProfessional Research Assistant The University of Colorado Denver l AnschutzMedical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating aninclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability toengage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The University ofColorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally inclinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhancecollaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing;the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; theGraduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. These campuses currently have over $500million in research awards each year. Strategically located contiguous to thecampus are a biosciences research park and the Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutzoffers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and fivefirst-professional programs. More than 4,500 students learn alongside ouraward-winning faculty, and renowned researchers. The CU Anschutz Medical Campus has areputation for academic excellence and drives innovation from the classroom tothe laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care.
The Department of Community Dentistry and Population Health atthe School of Dental Medicine, University of Colorado is seeking a professionalcandidate to work in a full-time position (1.0 FTE) as a Professional Research Assistant.This position is based at the Anschutz Medical Campus in Aurora, CO.
The successful applicant willcontribute to dental-related and other research functions on multiple projectsin the Department of Community Dentistry and Population Health. In addition,this position will work on additional planned developmental studies to ensureproper consideration and management of oral health aspects of the work. One ofthe core areas of this job profile will be data management for ongoingprojects, and working with outside entries to ensure proper implementation ofthe grant logistics and grant funds.
Examples of Work Performed
· Work closely withPrincipal Investigators on research compliance, IRB submissions, timelines, surveys,record keeping, reports, and dataanalysis.
· Design and managequality control activities related to the collectionof dental data and surveys.
· Assistin writing grant applications in the areaof expertise; contribute to research design and implementation of interventions;survey development and assessment.
· Performliterature surveys and best practice reviews for oral health interventions,health disparities research
· Management ofdatabases, data analysis, and quality assurance.
· Preparereports, presentations, posters, manuscripts, andarticles based on research data for conferences and publications.
· Attendand present research findings at conferences related to oral health research.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Workingknowledge of running statistical analysis in SAS and/or other statistical software.
· Abilityto work independently and in a team environment and to observe rules ofconfidentiality.
· Awareness of thecomplexities of community-academic sponsored research partnerships.
· Knowledgeof fundamental principles and logical concepts behind survey development, collectingand processing research data.
· Experiencein survey development, assessments, and report writing.
· Abilityto communicate clearly and concisely, orally and in writing.
· Attentionto detail, organization and efficiency.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University ofColorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe andsecure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist inachieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees priorto their employment.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternativeformats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspxThe University of Colorado Denver | AnschutzMedical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse studentbody, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote aculture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. Weencourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilitiesand all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity andequality in education and employment.
· Mastersof Public Health degree or Masters with comparable experience
· Workingknowledge of the SAS and other statistical software, Microsoft Office Programs(Excel, Word, Outlook) and basic network linkages (VPN, wireless connectivity)and other computer applications
· Validdriver’s license, proof of auto liability insurance, dependable transportation
· Willingnessto travel frequently to study sites
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
· Experienceworking with minority and/or disadvantaged community groups
· 1year grant management experience
· Understandingof HIPAA and IRB requirements for healthcareresearch
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Oct 14, 2020
Unposting Date: Oct 20, 2020, 12:59:00 AM