Lecturer - Construction Engineering & Management
University of Colorado – School of Denver
- Teach one to three classes as assigned per term.
- Prepare for each class session and deliver balanced, rigorous lessons via Canvas in accordance with prescribed curricular objectives and outcomes.
- Hold weekly office hours as appropriate per course allocation.
- Assess student progress according to curricular objectives and adhere to program policies. Record attendance and grades online and be accessible for communication with students.
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationDiversity and Equity:Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- A PhD in Civil Engineering or fields related to construction is required for teaching graduate level courses.
- A Master of Science in a related field is required for teaching undergraduate level courses.
- Candidates with research or industrial experience in related discipline or teaching experience in a higher education environment are preferred.
- A professional engineering license is preferred.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Oct 14, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing