International Credential Evaluator (Temporary)
University of Colorado – International Education
International Credential Evaluator (Temporary)
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
International Admissions has an opening for a full-time, temporary International Credential Evaluator position. This position is a temporary position with a maximum term of nine months. The preferred start date is December 14, 2020. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty, and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty, and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets. Located in the heart of downtown, CU Denver provides a vibrant, urban research university experience, with academic programs ranging from the liberal arts and sciences to global energy management, music industry studies, and criminal justice among eight schools and colleges. The classroom extends into the city as students study, network, and build careers in the surrounding business district. CU Denver unites quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, civic consciousness, and driven students—all in the lively setting of downtown Denver. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here. The University of Colorado Denver is a public research university serving more than 14,000 students. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges. In the heart of downtown Denver—one of America’s most vibrant urban centers—CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty, and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets. Position Emphasis:The International Credential Evaluator provides credential evaluations with respect to admission decisions for undergraduate and graduate programs at the University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus. This includes determining foreign institutions’ recognition, authenticating documents, determining the U.S. degree comparability, and translating foreign academic performance based on the University of Colorado Denver grading scale. Job Responsibilities include:International Credential Evaluation
- Provides foreign credential analysis and evaluation for undergraduate and graduate applicants.
- Reviews and determines foreign institutions’ accreditation, the authenticity of documentation, and U.S. degree and GPA comparability.
- Verifies international documents, scans, and uploads documents to the application system.
- Informs international advisors, students, and staff on matters related to transferability, transfer credit/grade conversion, college degree(s) and certificate requirements.
- Provides preliminary transcript review for prospective students, agents, and university staff.
- Stays up-to-date on the latest academic policies and educational practices regarding international admissions standards at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Uses and follows standardized procedures, business processes, and systems for documentation and certification of evaluation.
- Builds and maintains productive working relationships with the various schools and colleges on both the Denver and Anschutz campuses.
- Reviews and processes documentation.
- Advises and counsels prospects, applicants, and students on university admissions policies and procedures.
- Provides excellent customer service to prospective and admitted students by assisting with walk-in traffic, answering questions, answering telephone calls, and responding to email inquiries.
- Participates in twice-weekly admission decision meetings for international undergraduate applicants.
- Uses Slate, Tableau, and other software to produce reports that track the efficiency and effectiveness of International Admissions (IA) application completion and credential evaluation.
- Improves IA’s credential evaluation tools and processes for efficiency, completeness, and ease of use.
- Contributes to IA’s digital library of evaluation materials and training manuals.
- Updates and improves IA’s database of foreign academic institutions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year of professional experience in an administrative role in an office work environment, managing application processes and processing documentation.
- Very detail-oriented mentality demonstrating a high degree of accuracy
- One year of experience in higher education or international education
- Experience with other countries’ education systems
- Experience working with a diverse/international population
- Strong intercultural communication skills
- Strong research skills
- Familiarity with web-based application/information systems (i.e. Slate or PeopleSoft)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication (oral/written) and organizational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Oct 14, 2020
Unposting Date: Ongoing