Education Program Assistant
Education Program Assistant
Job Number: 86973
The Department of Emergency Medicine is seeking an Administrative Associate II to provide administrative and operational support to the education programs. This position assists with the academic, administrative, operational, and financial activities of the programs. The Department of Emergency Medicine has a proud history of sustained progress and success in each of the key pillars of academic medicine: scholarship, teaching, clinical care and administrative service. This position will provide administrative support to the education programs as well as general faculty support.
Stanford Department of Emergency Medicine provides opportunities for lifelong learning, from undergraduate medical education, to residency, fellowships and professional development. Faculty offer expertise in specialties that include EMS, Wilderness Medicine, Global Health, Ultrasound, Simulation, Medical Humanities, Disaster, Critical Care, and more. This position will provide administrative support to some of these educational programs.
- Respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, grant proposals, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed. Coordinate office moves.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, and other facility concerns within the unit(s); report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required training.
- Maintain approved content on websites.
- May perform human resources transactional support, e.g. time cards, I9s.
- May guide and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
- Must be able work under pressure with frequent interruptions in a fast paced environment that has constantly shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Academic/medical experience desired, preferably at Stanford.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and web-based applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Self-motivated and works independently with little supervision.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 20 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4102
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: E
- Requisition ID: 86973
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency