Facilities Technician III
At LSSC your success is our mission.
We value People. Our employees are empowered to take actions that positively impact our students and each other. We value Diversity. By embracing and celebrating our differences, we offer an inclusive and supportive work culture. We value Forward Thinking. By encouraging innovation and a collaboration, we foster a creative learning environment for students and staff. If you are looking for a place with ample opportunity to grow in your career, consider LSSC.
Interested in a career with the LSSC Facilities Team? We are looking for a team member who shares our dedication to providing high-value facilities care and achieving mutual success. The Technician III position is responsible for repairs and inspection on structural components of all college buildings. These components include roofs, slabs, walls, ceilings, floors windows and doors, as well as locking mechanisms. The Technician III is also responsible for small renovation and remodel projects.
Responsible for demonstrating LSSC’s values of learning, people, student success, forward thinking, excellence, accessibility, diversity, partnerships, and sound management practices
1. Inspect and made repairs to roofs and gutter systems.
2. Repair or replace damagedflooring and base.
3. Repair and replace celing tile and grid work.
4. Repair windows doors, and locks in order to assure smmoth operation and safety.
5. Repair broken furniture and fixtures. Assemble new furnture. Hang items such as buletin boards, shelving and equipment holders.
6. Make building alterations deemed as an in-house renovation. Work with and coordinate contractors need for assistance on such projects.
7. Assist with removal and re-locating furniture and fixtures as needed.
8. Perform preventive maintenance.
9. Assist wit wall preparation and painting on larger projects.
10. Form and pour concrete as needed.
11. Be availalbe for emergency call-ins during your weekend, during a rotating on-call schedule.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
EDUCATION: Required: Trade school certifications.
EXPERIENCE: Required: Minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in building maintenance or construction.
A Physical Exam is Required.
- Ability to use power and hand tools safely.
- Ability to work independently and with others including outside vendors.
- Ability to work at various heights from a ladder or mechanical lift.
- Ability to read blueprints and interpret drawings.
- Ability to lift at least 50 Lbs. Bend, kneel,climb,reach, stand for extended periods.
- Basic computer skills for e-mail and work order system.
- Perform various types of building repairs as needed such as light bulb replacement, plumbing leaks or stoppages, systems trouble shooting.
- Work in a variety of different weather conditions ( rain, heat, cold, hurricane).