Trinity in Washington, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, seeks a Part- Time Counselor to provide counseling services to students. The Health and Wellness Center supports the academic mission of Trinity by providing professional health and wellness services to Trinity Washington University students. The Counselor assists the Director, and Health Center staff with providing health services to students. The Counselor’s primary focus is on providing short term counseling/ therapy to graduate and undergraduate students at Trinity Washington University.
- Provide individual therapy, group therapy, case management, and crisis intervention to students
- Provide education related to mental health promotion and academic success
- Conduct outreach, workshops and training on various mental health and well-being topics as needed
- Develop sound treatment goals and means by which to measure the levels of progress of the patient
- Assist with the arrangement for off-campus referrals for students as necessary
- Collaborate with full-time Counselor and Director of Health and Wellness Center to develop and implement programs for awareness weeks and other targeted topics
- Keep timely, accurate, and ethical records consistent with Trinity’s policy
- Comply with confidentiality requirements as set by HIPAA, FERPA, federal, state and local regulation
- Provide consultation to faculty and staff regarding students of concern
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate an understanding of college women student mental health and wellness needs
- Possess knowledge of and experience using crisis intervention skills and responding to emergencies as needed
- Have knowledge of and experience providing a broad range of psychotherapy and counseling methods in a brief therapy model
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability and desire to work in diverse community respectfully with staff and students
- Demonstrate the ability and have experience working in a collaborative environment.
- Have at least two years of related professional experience.
- Experience with mental health provision in a college or university counseling center
- Have knowledge, skill, and experience specifically focused on the needs of students of color, students from indigenous communities, LGBTQIA students, international students, students from diverse religious affiliations, students with disabilities, undocumented students, and/or first-generation college students on a university campus.
- A master’s degree is required, with emphasis in social work, counseling psychology, or related field.
- Must be licensed in the District of Columbia (LISW, LCSW or LCPC).
- Must carry malpractice insurance.
- Be able to work 20-24 hours per week Monday – Friday; and be available for educational programs on some evenings and some weekends.
Please click the APPLY HERE NOW link and you will be re-directed to our online application.
Trinity is dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.