Sponsor Funded Professional - Research Associate I
The School of Public Health,Department of Health Policy and Behavioral Sciences is seeking a SponsoredFunded - Research Associate I. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to thefollowing duties:
Assist with the operation of andcoordinate the evaluation activities for federal research grant:
- Contribute to the Principalinvestigators and research team by assessing and tracking the participants forfederal research grant focusing on high-school students in Gwinnett CountySchools. Develop and implement tracking systems, data collectionprotocols, and handles IRB submissions for study protocol.
- Prepare and maintain IRB protocolfor submission.
- Prepare computer-based surveys foradministration of clients.
- Coordinate participant recruitment,assessments and retention of research participants in the project.
- Manage IMPREST account forreimbursing participants.
- Conduct data management includingreading, validating, and cleaning data from various sources.
- Conduct basic statistical analysesfor reports and assists with the preparation of scientific manuscripts andpresentations as needed.
- Trains new team members andassistants on how to perform the local evaluation piece and management ofparticipant-level data.
- Creates study protocols to documentdate collection procedures.
Assist with program activities forfederal research grant:
- Interacts with state partners (statehealth department), local community partners (school, county healthdepartment), and community-based advisory board.
- Assist with processing of evaluationdata for the grant including federally required data collection.
- Assist with setting up andmonitoring sub-awards and consultancy agreements as needed to ensureprogrammatic activities are being completed in a timely manner.
- Conducts presentations to localpartners of the preliminary data and results of the evaluation.
- Coordinate and complete evaluationfor annual and semi-annual progress reports and continuation request.
- Submit regular budget of projectmaterials and participant incentives to grants manager for overall budgetmanagement.
- Coordinate communication toparticipants in local evaluation through the dissemination of reminder andmarketing materials to increase retention.
- Provide additional administrativeand research support as needed.
QualificationsBachelor's degree and two years of related experience; or a combination of education and related experience.
College/Business UnitOpen until filled
College/Business Unit: School of Public Health
Location: Atlanta Campus
Job Posting: 10/13/20, 4:16:35 PM