Program Coordinator, Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The University of Denver's Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (ODEI) engages the work of equity, Inclusive Excellence, and diversity across the university, with a unique lens on the academic experience. For example, ODEI supports DUs efforts to advance diversity, equity, and Inclusive Excellence by providing the campus community with opportunities to extend their knowledge, perspectives, and experiences vital to performing effectively in a culturally diverse and globally connected society.
ODEI is looking for two Program Coordinators, effective November 1, 2020. Each Program Coordinator will have responsibilities related to supporting the work of ODEI across campus. Specifically, they will coordinate administrative support in the initiation of campus-wide division-level diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic planning; and provide support in the planning and hosting of large DEI events (e.g., the Diversity Summit) and related campus-wide DEI initiatives run/coordinated out of ODEI. These are both temporary positions and funding is not guaranteed after June 30, 2021.
- Work alongside the Director of ODEI and other members of the office toward facilitating a variety of programmatic imperatives as outlined in the 2020-2021 DEI action items.
- Participate in oversight and program management for large scale programming, including the Diversity Summit and other similar programs.
- Engage with collaborative offices to track, narrate, and assess 2020-2021 DEI action items.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Demonstrates the ability to use critical thinking skills when addressing issues of exclusion and inclusion across historically marginalized groups.
- Must be able to effectively interact with a broad range of constituencies both within and beyond DU.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software, systems and processes.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Punctual and reliable with strong follow-through on tasks.
- Ability to take initiative and anticipate/manage issues that may arise.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- One year of business or administrative assistant work experience.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Three years of business or administrative assistant work experience.
- One year of experience in program management, planning, and support.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Fluency in a second language (e.g., Spanish, etc.).
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, October 28, 2020.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected candidate balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.