Instructional Specialist II - Education (12 month position)
Responsible for instructional facilitation of assigned courses, develop curriculum and instructional materials, evaluate student success, assess program effectiveness, and recommend and implement changes. Serve all students as a TRUE Learning Community by promoting student success through student learning, student development, and student retention.
This is a new position that will require the incumbent to be significantly involved in creating pathways for potential post-Baccalaureate degree students seeking Arizona Department of Education teacher certification. The overall program will go through a review process in 2021 and the instructional specialist position will continue upon Arizona State Board of Education approval and if enrolled students’ numbers are at an acceptable level.
- Provide instruction to students in a group or on an individual basis at various locations. Provide information to students on program requirements. Evaluate students’ progress, and assess learning outcomes.
- Provide instructional support to faculty, including the development and presentation of professional development learning opportunities. Assist with student recruitment, orientation, assessment, data collection and retention and transition into CAC certificate or degree programs and ADE (Arizona Department of Education) certification.
- Develop course outlines, syllabus, and course materials that promote learning and fulfill the program objectives. Maintain students’ records and grades; complete and return required reports to the appropriate office by due date. Share responsibility for maintaining the facilities and equipment in area utilized.
- Assist Program Manager with the preparation of the program’s budget, courses, class schedules, and related tasks.
- Prepare and participate in the program review process in accordance with the stated policies and procedures. May assist students with academic advising, financial aid, registration, and bookstore orders.
- Participate in faculty development activities to update knowledge of the subject area and to remain current in the use of alternative teaching techniques and appropriate instructional technology.
- Represent the college and/or the program on a variety of internal and external committees for the college and community.
- Perform other duties commensurate with the function and level of the position to include participation on college committees, and the recruitment and retention of students
EDUCATION: Master's degree in elementary or secondary education
EXPERIENCE:Three (3) years of Pre K-12 or higher education instructional experience
SALARY: Entry salary is $48,026.00 - $50,908.00
Applications must include the following documents to be considered:
- Cover Letter (Letter of Interest)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial Transcripts
Copies of transcripts should reflect completed course work and conferred degrees. All academic course work and degrees must be from a regionally accredited college or university or be certified by an acceptable agency that the institution is recognized by the appropriate governmental agency in its home country (this is generally stated in the degree evaluation).
Transcripts issued in a language other than English must be accompanied by a full translation (word for word) by an acceptable translator. Additionally, each foreign transcript must be evaluated for equivalency to United States accredited course work by an acceptable agency such as those agencies certified by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES).
Applications containing foreign transcripts that are not accompanied with the above required documentation, will not be considered.
The level of background verification for this position is: Standard Level
DEADLINE: Thursday, October 29, 2020Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of learning and/or teaching students and staff.Knowle
- dge of the methods and practices used in conducting research, in the use of the internet as a tool, and in report preparation.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices in a variety of teaching techniques and the use of technology in instruction.
- Knowledge of techniques and methodologies of student assessment.
- Knowledge and skill in developing instructional programs, planning, evaluation, and review with the ability to produce new, imaginative, or innovative solutions different from traditional approaches.
- Knowledge and skill in operating a variety of multimedia equipment, systems, hardware, and relevant software applications.Effective communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with staff, community leaders, faculty, students, and the public. Skill working in a diverse multi-ethnic, multi-cultural population.