Student Intern (Federal Work Study)
How to Apply to this PostingSpecial Instructions
In order to apply for this position, a student must have applied for Federal Work Study and received an authorization notification from the Financial Aids Program Coordinator, Mrs. Debra Reynolds.
Please make sure that you upload the authorization notification in the others section of applicant documents.Posting DetailsJob TitleStudent Intern (Federal Work Study)Employment StatusPart Time .25DepartmentFinance & Administration DepartmentPurpose of Job
This position is located in the Printing and Duplicating, Mrs. Horton, Supervisor.
To assist printing staff with printing for departments/offices and other tasks assigned.Scope of Responsibilities
To assist with the day to day operations of the department.Essential Job Functions
• Assisting in the printing and shipping center
• Answer telephone and take messages
• Running errands as needed
• Become knowledgeable of the office’s function and have an understanding of office goals
• Be punctual in adhering to scheduled work hours
•Must be enrolled at Alcorn State University as an undergraduate with at least 6 hours
•Must be available to work and meet class schedule with academic success in the course during the academic school year.
•Must dress appropriately for work environment
• Must be dependable and able to work without supervisor’s constant oversight;
• Must have excellent interpersonal, customer relations, communication, and organizational skills;
• Effective time management skills;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products, e-mail and internet;
• Highly organized, detail oriented;
• Successful experience working in a team environment; and
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, objectives, and deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
Alcorn State University
Equal Employment Opportunity and Notice of Non-Discrimination
Alcorn State University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Alcorn State University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).