Media and Content Specialist
Job no: 514847
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Communications/Public Relations/Marketing
Department:10020000 - SCM-STRATEGIC COMM & MARKETING
Multimedia Specialist IIIJob Description:
The Office of Strategic Communications and Marketing is seeking the ideal candidate for the position of a Multimedia Specialist III, with a working title of Media and Content Specialist.This position will report to the Director of Communications and will serve as the contact for local media outlets and provides support for statewide, national and international media outreach, providing relevant information about the university and responding to queries about university-related issues.
The successful incumbent will create content for a variety of platforms for internal and external audiences, including news releases, internal communications, social media posts. This includes assisting the Director of Communications in managing the flow of information into and out of Strategic Communications and Marketing.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Assists the Director of Communications and other SCM leadership and staff in producing content for internal and external audiences, including news releases, web posts, memos, briefing documents, letters, one-pagers, email responses, etc.
- Assists with SCM’s 24/7 response to media inquiries, focusing primarily on local news media and student journalists; tracks local news coverage of the university and assists in bring awareness to potential issues that may affect the university. Under the direction of the Director of Communications and National/International Media Strategist, develops and provides stories that proactively tell the story of the university’s academic excellence, research impact, student/faulty/staff success, and other topics.
- Meets regularly with SCM leadership and staff; attends meetings with other campus communicators; serves in a back-up role during crisis response.
$55,000 - $60,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience.
Pay Range Based on Market:
Lower reference point: $44,700 Midpoint: $58,100 Upper Reference point: $71,500Minimum Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience. Appropriate vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- A master’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization with five years of appropriate experience; or a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate area of specialization and five years of appropriate experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Experience in working as a public information officer preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required.
- Superior spelling, punctuation, and grammatical skills. Proficient in Associated Press style.
- The ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments independently.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and with diverse individuals toward organizational objectives.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 13 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 27 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time