IT Analyst II - Integrations
Job no: 514820
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Information Systems/Technology
Department:14800000 - IT - ENTERPRISE SYSTEMS
IT Analyst IIJob Description:
The Enterprise Data- Integrations team provides webservice application support in a 24/7 environment to various internal and external webservice clients. Some key responsibilities and characteristics of this position are:
- Respond to service management requests, investigate problems, determine and documents business solutions for complex system problems in an effective, timely manner.
- Propose interim work-around and possible software enhancements. Liaise with other application and systems areas to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues.
- Meet with customers to gather, analyze, and prioritize system enhancement requirements. Document requirements specifications for enhancements. Document new business processes, procedures, and set ups.
- Maintain configuration information and functional area documentation for assigned applications and modules. Prepare appropriate procedures and documentation to hand off support to developers, super users, system administrators, operations, or help desk groups.
- Define and create test plans, test scripts, and test procedures based on Quality Assurance requirements, policies and procedures, and best practices. Coordinate testing and verify data integrity, documents and analyze test results to recommend program improvements or corrections to the application development and quality assurance teams.
The UF Information Technology division is comprised of seven departments reporting to the Vice President & Chief Information Officer. The departments reporting directly to the VP & CIO are: Academic Technology, Research Computing, Infrastructure & Communications Technology, Enterprise Systems, Information Security Office, and the UFIT Business Center. With established governance advisory committees and a set of well-defined, transparent processes aiding decision-making, UFIT strives to provide exceptional IT services in support of UF’s mission. For more information about UFIT and its goals and governance, visit: http://www.it.ufl.edu/vp-cio-office/strategic-plan/.
Learn more about UFIT at https://it.ufl.edu/ and @GoGatorsUFIT.About the University of Florida
UF is one of the nation’s top universities and a dynamic and rewarding place to work. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of its commitment to serve a diverse global community. Plus, UF is located in Gainesville, one of Florida’s most livable cities. Known for its natural attractions (wetlands, forests, springs, wildlife) and cultural offerings (music, theater, visual arts, and historic districts), the area also is gaining a reputation as a thriving hub for high-tech start-ups, as well as invention and research collaborations. We are excited about what’s happening here and know you will want to be a part of it.Expected Salary:
$51,500 – $70,000; commensurate based on education and experience. In addition, the University of Florida offers a very competitive benefits package.
Pay Range Based on Market:
Lower reference point: $51,500 Midpoint: $66,900 Upper reference point: $82,300Minimum Requirements:
Associate's degree and two years of relevant experience; or a high school diploma or equivalent and four years of relevant experience.
Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience but does not negate the minimum degree requirement(s).Preferred Qualifications:
The ideal candidate will possess the following education, experience, and skills:
- 2 years providing system functional support and user support in a large enterprise setting.
- 2 years facilitating groups in defining and recording business requirements and alternative options.
- 2 years providing support with incident, request, change, and release management.
- Experience with a service-oriented architecture and MDM foundational principles.
- Familiarity with testing lifecycle in pre-production environments
- Great customer service and teamwork skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants are requested to submit with their application:
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 13 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 26 Oct 2020 Eastern Daylight Time