Maintenance Technician, #29779
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, nestled in the heart of growing St. Charles County. Established in 1986, SCC is a public, comprehensive two-year community college offering associate degrees and certificate programs in the arts, business, sciences and career-technical fields. SCC also provides workforce training and community-based personal and professional development as well as cultural, recreational and entertainment opportunities.
We are seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician who will perform a variety of semi-skilled construction, electrical, plumbing and HVAC modification and repair activities. This position is responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, and repair of college equipment.
Full-time staff benefits:
- Employer credit applied towards medical, dental, and vision insurance and much more! Generous paid time off: vacation, sick, personal days, and college recognized holidays Participation in the Public Education Employee Retirement System (PEERS) Tuition waiver and reimbursement
To view more information about the benefits that our full-time staff can participate in, please click the following link: https://www.stchas.edu/about-scc/employment/benefits/full-time-staff
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Electrical- Knowledge of up to 480 electrical, troubleshoot and repair of (120/208/277) systems.
- Plumbing-Troubleshoots and repairs basic plumbing problems, solder copper pipe, repair pvc, black iron and galvanized pipe, install plumbing fixtures, knowledge of brazing.
- Carpentry- Troubleshoots and repairs minor furniture, flooring, doors and hardware.
- HVAC-Troubleshoots and repairs basic problems.
- Performs general painting activities including patching, tapping and painting of drywall
- Assists in snow removal and the training of Tech Assistance, performs other duties as assigned.
- Performs preventative maintenance of electrical, plumbing, HVAC equipment.
- Performs inventory of and requisition parts as required.
- Tracks repairs and maintenance.
- Performs set-up of equipment for maintenance.
- Operation of campus vehicles as needed.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or equivalent with at least three years experience in HVAC preferred; strong electrical background preferred; including electrical pneumatic and computer controls, must be able to troubleshoot, repair, replace, and install mechanical equipment from schematics/blueprints, and three-phase motors. Class A, B, C, or E Driver's License required.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.