Director of IT Client Services
The Director of IT Client Services reports directly to the Vice-Chancellor of Information Technology Services. The Director of IT Client Services is responsible for the leadership of all Client Services teams (Help Desk, IT Trainers, IT Communications, Lab Support Technicians, Business Intelligence, Software Inventory, Media/Smart Classroom Technicians, Field Technicians, and Student Support Team), as well as Public Relations and Employee Training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manage Incidents, requests, problems, change and project tasks using the ServiceDesk ITSM platform; fulfill standard service requests within specified SLA targets.
2. Serve as an integral part of the IT executive leadership team.
3. Demonstrated ability to multitask on both support and project teams.
4. Service orientation with sensitivity to the needs of users at all skill levels.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Organizational and problem-solving skills, as well as, the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
7. Work closely with the CITO & executive leadership team for technology needs, IT Strategic Planning, Business Sustainability, and Reporting.
8. Establish/implement both short- and long-term departmental goals, objectives, SLAs, procedures and operating policies.
9. Contribute to the developing/enforcing of operational standards for the department.
10. Responsible for Business Intelligence implementation on the campus.
11. Responsible for Project Management to include the initiation, planning, coordination & management of projects in support of the ITS department.
12. Assure that day to day operations are carried out & all areas function smoothly/efficiently.
13. Manage all Client Services, Reporting, Public Relations, & B.I. functions of the ITS department.
14. Improve customer relations by encouraging thorough communication between the department & institution.
15. Create/review technical documentation for departmental & institutional use.
16. Serve as departmental liaison with other departments, committees, and other working groups to ensure ITS is maintaining a professional working relationship with other departments across campus, educational entities, and vendors.
17. Responsible for Staff Management/Development.
18. Oversees customer service issues.
19. Completes formal and informal grievance procedures to resolve complaints, team inadequacies, disciplinary issues, etc.
20. Run/publish reports to monitor strategic/departmental initiatives.
21. Recruiting, mentoring, counseling, delegating employees within the department.
22. Assess training needs for new and existing employees.
23. Evening and weekend work as necessary. Participate in site visits to other institutions as necessary.
24. Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, virtual training, on-the-job coaching.
25. Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps.
Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Required Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (Business, Computer Information Systems, Business Administration or Project Management). 2-5 years of professional experience in Higher Education or related field.
NOTE: If you are a veteran, disabled veteran, or spouse of a deceased veteran and would like Veteran’s Preference, we will need to see proof of status in order to grant that. Please see Veteran’s Preference section of the application for specific proof.