Office Manager - Lynchburg, VA
Job location: Lynchburg, VA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-01-08
The Office Manager is responsible for the overall supervision and the operations of free-standing clinics and provider based clinics on behalf of the University of Virginia Physicians Group (UPG). The incumbent is responsible for directing, supervising and coordinating activities of clinical, administrative and supervisory staff to ensure provision of quality and cost-effective care. Implementation of various delivery models, and new and expanded service lines. Responsible for management of network initiatives to include maximizing patient access, meeting of quality metrics, superior customer experience, optimizing revenue cycle, and supporting population health management. Incumbent will work closely with the CPG Regional Manager, CPG Clinical Manager, Billing Manager, CPG Pod Manager, UVA Credentialing and other applicable units of UPG.
- Responsible for recruitment, and onboarding and supervisor of practice staff.
- Cover for staff when needed and if licensed for clinical roles
- Implement staffing models to support practice needs including Care Team, Team Care, Walk-in, etc.
- Manage WorkDay processes to include staff recruitment, payroll, termination, and performance evaluation management.
- Create work schedules, manage leave request and call rotation for staff and providers
- Address performance and employee relations issues through the standard performance management process
- In collaboration with CPG Regional Managers evaluate and make recommendations of compensation to include salary and bonus pay for staff.
- Manage patient experience to include patient concerns related to CGCAPS survey results and Patient Relations reporting. Determine areas needing improvement and modify clinic processes.
- Monitor and provide information to HR for Provider and Staff licensure
- Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings to keep office staff and providers updated on clinic activities and network information.
- Establish high functioning relationships with staff and providers that fosters support of the organization's mission, vision, financial and strategic plan and promotes team engagement
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies that govern health care delivery and accreditation and ensure clinic standards of quality patient care. Monitor operations, programs, policies and physical properties to ensure regulatory compliance (OSHA, CLIA, COLA, JCAHO, HIPAA, etc.).
- Oversight of clinical staff charge capture and documentation in EMR.
- Oversight of administrative EMR work queues associated with Patient Access
- Process vendor invoices for Accounts Payable process and process check requests
- Respond to revenue cycle inquiries
- Work with Providers to maximize patient access to optimize appointment schedule templates, update and revise
- Participate in preparation of yearly budget, monitor budget variances and eliminate or reduce cost
- Responsible for practice integration within the community through effective communication to ensure strong public relations and marketing programs.
- Manage petty cash and monthly reconciliation
- Prepare and ensure timely bank deposits
- Manage practice facility maintenance to include office improvements and renovations
- Ensure application and adherence of team members to office policies and procedures
- Maintain patient records and practice documents according to record retention guidelines.
- Liaison between office, other health care and community resources
- Attend meetings as required
- Other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED
3 years related experience in health care industry, or 1 year supervisory experience.
Knowledge and skills:
Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9 coding.
In-depth knowledge of third-party payer reimbursement policies and procedures.
Basic knowledge of and experience utilizing a personal computer.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require traveling some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.