Research Assistant I
Position DetailsJob TitleRESEARCH ASST IPosition Number8150704Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusNon-ExemptCampusMaywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment NamePHYSIOLOGYLocation CodePHYSIOLOGY (06240A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? YesDuties and Responsibilities
- Assists PI, research staff, and students with various lab procedures and projects.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Performs experiments as instructed by Principal Investigator and perform techniques required in experiments. May include tissue or cell cultures and animal surgery.
- Performs basic lab tasks required to complete experiments. May include preparation of reagents solutions, buffers and media.
- Gathers, organizes and records data. Performs simple analysis of results. May assist with Library and/or electronic research.
- Monitors inventory of essential lab supplies and order additional supplies as necessary. Maintains orderly record of purchases.
- Helps maintain a safe and orderly lab environment.
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education Required: Bachelors Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education Preferred: Bachelors Degree Experience Required: None Preferred: 1-2 years of previous job-related experienceQualifications
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent lab experience.Certificates/Credentials/Licenses
Basic computer skillsSupervisory ResponsibilitiesNoRequired operation of university owned vehiclesNoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? Physical DemandsNoneWorking ConditionsAnimalsOpen DateClose DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/14364Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelors Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education?
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application