Research Assistant I
Position DetailsJob TitleRESEARCH ASST IPosition Number8150699Job CategoryUniversity StaffJob TypeFull-TimeFLSA StatusNon-ExemptCampusMaywood-Health Sciences CampusDepartment NameRADIATION ONCOLOGYLocation CodeRADIATION ONCOLOGY (06720A)Is this split and/or fully grant funded? YesDuties and Responsibilities
- Performs computer programing and experiments as instructed by the Principle Investigator (PI).
- Gathers, organizes, and records data. Performs basic analysis of results.
- May assist with library and/or electronic research.
- Incorporates new protocols and methodology into work as directed by PI and/or senior lab staff.
- Attends weekly journal clubs, department seminars and lab meetings.
- Presents research results at national and local meetings.
- May assist in ordering supplies when required. Maintains orderly records of purchases.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education Required: Bachelors Degree OR equivalent training acquired via work experience or education Preferred: Bachelors Degree Experience Required: None Preferred: 1-2 years of previous job-related experienceQualifications
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, the ability to read complex texts critically and the ability to write clear, evidence-based analyses.
- Basic programming skills and desire to learn new programming languages/methods
- Ability to analyze and interpret data.
- Ability to communicate verbally.
- Ability to deal calmly and courteously with people.
- Ability to finish tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and established procedures.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and consistency.
- Ability to work as an effective team member.
Basic computer skillsSupervisory ResponsibilitiesNoRequired operation of university owned vehiclesNoDoes this position require direct animal or patient contact? NoPhysical DemandsNoneWorking ConditionsNoneOpen Date09/25/2020Close DateSpecial Instructions to ApplicantsQuick Link for Postinghttp://www.careers.luc.edu/postings/14320Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Public Job Posting
- Internal Job Posting
- Agency Referral
- Personal Referral
- * Why do you want to work for Loyola University Chicago?
(Open Ended Question)
- * What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- PhD or Equivalent
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application