Content Specialist Fellow
Posting DetailsDate New Hire NeededJob TitleContent Specialist FellowDepartmentCommunicationsJob Summary
Within a highly collaborative team environment, partner with other communications staff members and campus stakeholders to steward the College’s brand and express it in the most exciting and effective ways for both external and internal audiences. The Content Specialist – Fellow contributes to the creation of multi-platform content in support of Grinnell’s mission, goals, and strategic priorities, and will:
• Execute integrated communication strategies based on a shared understanding of the College, including mission, vision, and values as well as institutional identity and brand strategy; its audiences and stakeholders; and our communications channels.
• Work with team members to develop and execute creative, engaging content that meets project objectives for campus stakeholders, donors, and alumni, student recruitment, image-building, and other operations of the College as assigned.
• Monitor engagement with our content and share insights and recommendations to improve and optimize content.
• Continue to develop discipline expertise, remain up-to-date with industry best practices, and share skills and knowledge with fellow team members to advance cross-training and strategic integrated communications practices.
A recent Grinnell graduate with excellent writing, oral communication, research, organizational, and multitasking skills to work on a range of print and digital publications that communicate the heart and soul of Grinnell College to alumni, prospective students, and on-campus audiences. This position will also assist with special events and crisis communications as needed, and will provide general office assistance in the communications office. For a talented, motivated collaborative generalist with a professional attitude, this can be a highly rewarding first job and great place to build a portfolio.
The content specialist fellow is a one-year, term position (with the possibility of renewal for a second one-year term at the College’s option) in the Grinnell College Office of Communications.Minimum Qualifications
We are looking for a recent Grinnell College graduate, (class of 2020, ’19, ’18, ’17 or ’16).Preferred QualificationsLink to Job DescriptionContent Specialist FellowLink to Organizational ChartFLSA CategoryNon-ExemptStaff/FacultyStaffEmployment StatusFull-TimeEmployment CategoryTermPosting DateClosing DateSpecial Instructions to Applicants
Selected candidate must successfully pass a background check prior to first day of employment.Open Until FilledYesPosting NumberS00696Diversity Statement
Grinnell College is committed to establishing and maintaining a safe and nondiscriminatory educational and working environment for all College community members. It is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in matters of admission, employment, and housing, and in access to and participation in its education programs, services, and activities. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, religion, disability, creed or any other protected class. Discrimination and harassment on any of the bases covered by state or federal antidiscrimination statutes is unlawful and a violation of Grinnell College policy.Professional ReferencesInstructionsSupplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- List of References