Administrative Assistant, Venture Partners
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Who We AreVenture Partners is a key catalyst for innovation with a mission to facilitate the transfer of breakthrough inventions from the University to society through exciting, fast-paced, and multidisciplinary work. We bring together the domains of business, science, and law, working with university researchers and business partners to commercialize new products and form new startup companies. In support of this effort, we provide IP and licensing consultation, startup formation and support, early-stage funding, and more.
Set in the heart of our university’s ambitious, innovative community of scholars and learners, Venture Partners brings the university's world-class researchers together with the business, startup, and entrepreneurial communities to translate groundbreaking solutions into economic and social impact.What Your Key Responsibilities Will BeDocument Preparation and Management
- Proofreading, editing, compiling, and formatting documents, including legal agreements and marketing materials.
- Coordinate document review processes and signatures on legal agreements.
- Organize and manage documents on shared network drives.
- Compile and distribute files for competitions and educational seminars.
- Process invention disclosures from University faculty and submit reporting to federal sponsors.
- Review, research, and identify relevant data for entry into the IP management database.
- Generate workflow and activity reports for staff.
- Coordinate and update patent documents and communicate with inventors. Collaborate with patent administration for iEdison reporting between invention disclosure and patent filings.
- Serve as a liaison to university units seeking Venture Partners information.
- Manage invention notifications, target dates, and IP rights elections.
- Develop office policies and procedures in compliance with University policies.
- Coordinate communications for the Venture Partners email account.
- Schedule and prioritize meetings for Venture Partners staff with faculty and external business and industry representatives, providing relevant information and documentation.
- Manage daily office functions, including ordering supplies and arranging office and equipment maintenance.
- Arrange travel and process expense reports.
- Plan and implement events, including building advertising communications. Manage all aspects of event logistics, including venue, registration, catering, and scheduling.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.Be StatementsBe Supportive. Be Collaborative. Be Boulder.What We RequireBachelor's degree. Office administration experience within a business setting can substitute for the degree on a year-for-year basis. What You Will Need
- Excellent organizational skills and a proven track record of coordinating multiple projects in parallel.
- Positive, collaborative demeanor and willingness to adapt to new situations and needs with a problem-solving mentality.
- Outstanding professionalism, communication, and maturity in all interactions
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences, with ability to work well with partners from around the world.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and IP database tools (Inteum) with an aptitude for learning.
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
Posting Contact InformationPosting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human ResourcesPosting Contact Email: [email protected]