Application Developer I
To advance the college’s mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
- working on small developer-led software development projects and small enhancements to existing production code (projects less than 400 hours)
- application design, programming and development in a proprietary software language, test and deployment of computer software related to the college’s ERP system (Colleague)
- working on all types of production support activities
- working through service request and incident tickets
- debugging, troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- system configurations
- following the change management process
- system maintenance activities
- security access requests
- system testing and regression testing assistance
- software rollout to customers
- technical documentation creation and/or modification
- sending compliance-based communications to staff and students
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Serve as second level support for all platforms supported by the Application Development & Support Team.
- Troubleshoot, debug and problem solve.
- Develop and maintain software across different platforms.
- Support existing features within the College’s ERP system, Colleague.
- Support third party software that interfaces with the College’s ERP system.
- Assist with software testing and documentation.
- Work closely with Product Management to identify product requirements.
- Adhere to release/project schedule and milestones.
- Query a SQL database.
- Send compliance emails to staff and students.
- Help support web-based applications.
- Perform other related work duties as assigned.
- Be able and willing to represent the College in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers and the community we serve.
- Must be a self-motivated, energetic and creative individual with strong personal computer skills and proven success working within a team-based environment.
- Must be able to work independently, accept responsibility with limited supervision, manage multiple tasks to completion, and work with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to make oral and written reports and presentations in a concise and effective manner.
- Ability to interpret questions, identify problems and propose solutions, read reference manuals.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- Associate’s Degree in computer science or related field or 2 years of object-oriented programming experience.
- Must possess an understanding of the software development process.
- Understanding of both Windows and UNIX environments.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field.
- Knowledge of database concepts, SQL, and stored procedures (Microsoft SQL Server / SSRS preferred).
- Experience with Visual Studio (or an equivalent IDE).
- Experience using Subversion (or an equivalent version control system).
- Experience writing and executing test cases.
- System Admin experience.
- Experience using APIs.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague is a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of web based application development.
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family, marital status or veteran status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy, please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: [email protected] or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison St., Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661-7204, Telephone: 312-730-1560, Fax: 312-730-1576, Email: [email protected]