Assistant Professor in Civil Engineering (Structures)
Posting InformationPosition TitleAssistant Professor in Civil Engineering (Structures)Job Posting Number202101FACJob LocationSan MarcosDepartmentIngram School of EngineeringPosition Description
Texas State University has launched a new civil engineering program focused on the breadth of concepts associated with technology-enhanced (smart) infrastructure. Currently, the program seeks to fill a tenure-line assistant professor position in structural engineering to begin Fall 2021. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in any of the following: sensor technologies; data transmission, storage, and secure sharing; data analytics; or asset management. Women and minority candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will be expected to establish a program of externally funded collaborative research, exhibit a strong commitment to student-centered teaching and mentoring, teach general civil and Structural engineering courses, and perform university and professional service.
To assure full consideration, applications must be submitted by October 18, 2020. The review of applications will begin October 19, 2020. All positions are subject to availability of funds.Required Qualifications
• An earned doctorate in civil engineering, or a closely related discipline.
• A strong track record in research demonstrated by publications in internationally recognized journals and conferences.
• Proven ability as an effective teacher in an academic environment with diverse cultures.
• Demonstrated excellence in written and oral communication.
• Professional Licensure/Registration (PE) or the ability to obtain licensure within three years of initial hire.
• An ability to work collaboratively with faculty across multiple departments and programs, particularly related to the application of technology to the monitoring and maintenance of infrastructure assets.
• Industrial, commercialization, or post-doctoral experience.
• Demonstrated experience writing and securing grants and contracts.
• Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following digital tools/technologies: sensor technologies; data transmission, storage, and secure sharing; data analytics; or asset management.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33645. To assure full consideration, applications must be submitted by October 18, 2020.
The following documentation must be included in the application.
1) Cover letter
2) Curriculum vitae
a) Professional registration status
b) List of professional and post-doctoral employments
c) List of published peer-reviewed articles
d) List of authored, funded research proposals, with funding amount and funding agency
e) List of courses taught, if any, as the Instructor of Record
3) Statements of research interests
4) Statements of teaching interests
5) List of three references
The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.Proposed Start DateFall 2021Open DateReview Date10/19/2020Close DateOpen Until Filled?YesLegal Notices
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System.
Texas State University is home to more than 38,000 students and 2,000 faculty members in the growing Austin-San Antonio corridor. A member of the Doctoral Universities: Higher Research Activity Carnegie classification, the university creates new knowledge, fosters cultural and economic development, and prepares its growing population of diverse students for the endless possibilities that await them as citizens of Texas, the nation, and the world.
Bolstered by research with relevance and innovation in creative and scholarly work in a full range of academic disciplines and a spirit of inclusiveness, Texas State seeks outstanding candidates for a variety of faculty positions.Quick Linkhttp://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/33645Applicant DocumentsRequired Documents
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Research Interests
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- List of References
- Letter of Recommendation #1
- Letter of Recommendation #2
- Letter of Recommendation #3
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Texas Workforce Commission-Work in Texas
- Colleague, friend, and/or personal referral
- Other (Please Specify in follow up question below)
- * Please Specify: (enter "NA" if not applicable)
(Open Ended Question)