Part-time Faculty Nursing Instructor (Medical/Surgical)
Job location: Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-10-13
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job TitlePart-time Faculty Nursing Instructor (Medical/Surgical)Job Description SummaryThe Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching Nursing (Medical/Surgical). We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.Job Description
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 11.5 ESH (equivalent semester hour) per semester and no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
- During summer part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clinical instruction is in medical-surgical nursing based on the needs of the students.
- Clinical rotations are one 12 hour day. Hours are usually days with limited evening options.
- The Montgomery College nursing program uses a variety of clinical agencies in Montgomery County or Prince George’s County, MD and Washington, DC.
- Bachelor of science in nursing degree.
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience as a registered nurse.
- A current, unencumbered Maryland and/or DC Registered Nurse license or the ability to obtain a license before hire.
- Bedside nursing experience in a medical-surgical setting within the last two years.
- Proficiency with and ability to use a Learning Management System (LMS) and other web-based instructional technology to facilitate learning in a web-enhanced environment.
- Demonstrated experience teaching using a variety of delivery methods, online resources and technology applications across the curriculum.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus). Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
- Additional Requirements at the time of employment:
Requires documentation of immunizations and/or immunity for Measles, Mumps, & Rubella (MMR); Varicella; Tetanus, Diphtheria & Acellular Pertussis (Tdap); and Hepatitis B; annual clearance for tuberculosis; seasonal influenza immunization. Other health requirements may be needed by specific health care agencies for clinical experiences. Documentation required of current American Heart Association healthcare provider level of CPR-BLS. Criminal background clearance and drug/alcohol testing may be required for clinical experiences.
Master’s degree in nursing
- Online applications must be received by January 28, 2021
- For consideration, you must: (Required)
Include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- Submit a cover letter along with an official copy of your transcripts from your highest degree earned.
- Receipt of three letters of professional references.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free environment
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.Closing DateThursday, January 28, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com.
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.