Mgr Data Stnds, Quality, Int.
Posting DetailsLogoPosting NumberSTA00585PO20Classification TitleIT Manager IIInternal TitleMgr Data Stnds, Quality, Int.CampusColumbiaWork CountyRichlandCollege/DivisionDivision of Information TechnologyDepartmentDOIT Division of Information TechnologyBand 8Advertised Minimum Salary $60,344Advertised Salary Range60,344 to 111,646Location of Vacancy1300 Pickens StPart/Full TimeFull TimeHours per Week37.5Work Schedule
The standard hours the employee is expected to work per week. For example, if the employee works 8:30 am – 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch, the hours per week is 37.50.Type of Staff PositionFull-time Equivalent (FTE)Basis 12 monthsJob Search CategoryInformation TechnologyBenefit Eligibility TypeFull-Time Equivalent (FTE)South Carolina RetirementYesState Insurance ProgramsYesAnnual LeaveYesSick LeaveYesAdvertised Job Summary
Facilitates creation and maintenance of data standards, including data definitions, data dictionaries, and data classification procedures, for enterprise information systems serving specific mission critical lines of business (LOBs; to include Student, Human Resources, Administration and Finance, and Institutional Research).Minimum Qualifications (Classified and Unclassified positions)
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Systems, Business Administration or related field and 3 years experience in computer operations or a related field; or equivalency. Related fields may include Communications, Computer Science, Information Management Science or Data and Information Management.Preferred QualificationsKnowledge/Skills/Abilities
Technical and functional expertise in the purposes, design, and management of data standards
Keen understanding of the business lines that comprise a complex institution of higher education
Communications with peers, high level administrators, and technical personnel
Establish and maintain effective working relationships
Excellent written and oral communication skillsSafety Sensitive or Security SensitiveNoHazardous weather categoryNon-EssentialNumber of Vacancies1Desired Start Date11/03/2020If Research Grant/Time Limited, give end dateJob Open Date10/01/2020Job Close Date11/15/2020Open Until FilledNoSpecial Instructions to Applicant
Positions are advertised for a minimum of five (5) business days on our job website. After five (5) business days, positions can be closed at the discretion of the department at any time. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.Quicklink for Postinghttp://uscjobs.sc.edu/postings/87763EEO Statement
The University of South Carolina does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities on the basis of race, sex, gender, gender identity, transgender status, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, protected veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions.Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Systems, Business Administration or related field and 3 years experience in computer operations or a related field?
- * Do you have prior professional experience managing data standards, quality, and/or integrity for an organization?
- * Describe any prior experience you have with development and implementation of data standards for an organization, including master data and/or reference data management (200-300 words).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your prior experience managing or contributing to a data governance information system or metadata management solution, such as iData’s Data Cookbook, Collibra, Datum, IBM Infosphere (Data Governance Catalog), Informatica, SAP, or other similar solution (200-300 words).
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your prior experience applying data standards to data quality and integrity, including monitoring and remediation processes (200-300 words).
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- List of References and Contact Information
- Curriculum Vitae