Posting DetailsPosition TypeTemporary Staff (SHRA)Job TitleData AbstractorDepartment NameRadiology - Research - 412802Vacancy IDS016941Position Posting CategoryResearch ProfessionalsHiring Range$18.00 - $22.00/per hourFull-time/Part-timePart-Time TemporaryIf part-time, how many hours per week?20Work ScheduleProposed Start Date10/15/2020Estimated Duration of Appointment6 months not to exceed 11 monthsPosting Open Date09/28/2020Posting Close Date10/19/2020Description of Work
The Epidemiology Research Team (ERT) within the Department of Radiology conducts studies on cancer screening, comparative effectiveness of new technologies, and health services research. The Department of Radiology is seeking a part-time Research Assistant to work with ERT on a National Institutes of Health funded breast cancer screening study. The primary purpose of this position is to assist with data abstraction for the Carolina Mammography Registry (CMR). Duties will include reviewing health care information and abstracting health related data into a secure web-based system named REDCap as well as assisting with other project needs as necessary.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
Individual must have knowledge of basic research principles and methods of data entry. Individual must have effective communication skills, be self-motivated, highly detail-oriented, and willing to follow directions.
Bachelor’s degree; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with at least 6 months of experience in data abstraction of health care information. Experience in a research setting is preferred.Special Physical and Mental RequirementsEqual Opportunity Employer Statement
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Stimulus/ARRA FundedNoSpecial Instructions Temporary Employment Policieshttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/183944Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.Optional and Required DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- List of References
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Social/Clinical Research Assistant position.
- Bachelor's, Master's, and/or Doctorate in any field.
- Associate's in any field and at least 2 years of experience.
- Combination of post-high school education and experience to equal at least 4 years of related experience (ex: 1 year towards a degree and 3 years of experience).
- High School diploma/GED and at least 4 years of related experience.
- Did not complete high school but have a combination of high school education and experience to equal 8 years. (ex. 3 years of high school and 5 years of experience).
- None of the above
- * Do you have experience following research protocols?
- * Do you have any experience working on cancer research studies?