Posting DetailsPosition TypeTemporary Staff (SHRA)Job TitleAccountantDepartment NameSCE - Finance - 215200Vacancy IDS017003Position Posting CategoryAccounting/Finance/AuditingHiring Range$25.00Full-time/Part-timeFull-Time TemporaryIf part-time, how many hours per week?Work Schedule
8:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday.Proposed Start Date11/02/2020Estimated Duration of Appointment6 months not to exceed 11 monthsPosting Open Date10/13/2020Posting Close Date10/20/2020Description of Work
SCE Finance is currently seeking a temporary accountant with strong analytical skills and patience to dig deep into details to reconcile and close out capital projects. The work requires compiling, examining, and reconciling complex financial data across multiple systems (general ledger, subsidiary ledger(s), and state capital project reporting system). The ability to identify substantive issues, accurately research and draw conclusions that result in written findings, reconciliations, and journals following Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or other applicable accounting guidelines is required. This position will also assist with establishing capital budgets and managing account transfers. Familiarity with budget, allotments, fund transfers, and the relationship of budget to accounting transactions is important.
This position is expected to last up to 1 year.Education and Experience
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree with 12 credit hours of accounting coursework; or Associate’s degree in accounting; or Associate’s degree in business or related discipline with 12 credit hours of accounting coursework; or equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Experience with complex and varied accounting reconciliations and strong Excel skills is preferred.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Stimulus/ARRA FundedNoSpecial Instructions Temporary Employment Policieshttp://unc.peopleadmin.com/postings/184482Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to [email protected]
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.Optional and Required DocumentsRequired Documents
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter
- List of References
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response below that best describes your experience/education for the Accountant position.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) with at least 12 credit hours of accounting coursework.
- Associate's degree in Accounting
- Associate's degree in business or related field with 12 credit hours of accounting coursework.
- High school diploma and a combination of additional education and experience as an accountant or an account technician equaling at least 2 years .
- No high school diploma and have a combination of education and experience as an accountant or an account technician equaling at least 6 years (for example: 1 year high school and 5 years in accountantship)
- None of the above
- * Describe your most advanced Excel skills?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please relate how your experience/education fits with this Accountant position.
(Open Ended Question)