Assistant Director of Admissions
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-14
Job Description SummaryRecruits nontraditional and transfer students from a specified territory or target population, including development of strategic plans to reach enrollment goals; visits community colleges to develop articulation partnerships; attends college fairs and other recruitment events; develops a network of professional contacts; reviews and follows up on all prospects and applicants from an assigned territory.Job Description
DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Manages and assigned recruitment territory to yield a specific enrollment goal and develops a strategic plan to meet enrollment objectives for the assigned territory or student market.
- In consultation with the Director of Recruitment Support Services, determines appropriate activities, goals, and benchmarks to achieve enrollment goals with extensive travel required.
- Develops a strategic plan for achieving a level of applications and enrolled students needed to meet goals.
- Participates in Saint Leo off-campus events (Alumni receptions; Admissions events, etc.)
- Determines appropriate recruitment activities (including special events) to reach goals; develops and evaluates travel plans and related recruitment activities and represents Saint Leo University at college fairs, and other off-campus events; makes presentations to community college students, and other groups.
- Plans and implements special events relating to the specified territory or student population, including budget oversight and planning for such events.
- Develops professional working relationships with community college staff members at feeder institutions.
- Provides evaluation of recruitment efforts.
- Develop initiatives to involve faculty, alumni and current students in the recruiting process.
- Develop partnership agreements with local business partners, and articulation agreements with local community college partners.
- Encourages, reviews, and follows up on admission applications from students from an assigned territory by:
- Identifying appropriate applicants for admission
- Contacting prospective students (in person, by phone, via e-mail, letter, or IM) to encourage the submission of an application.
- Following up with students to obtain materials necessary for file review on a daily basis.
- Communicating with admitted students regularly to follow-up on concerns and encourage enrollment.
- Support the University’s mission and core values as a contributing member of the University community.
- Keeps up-to-date on changes in majors, programs, and student organizations on campus.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance University reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Travel, weekend and evening work is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree from a regionally accredited college or university required; master’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience in admissions or recruitment preferred.
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to develop and maintain effective and productive relationships
- Must be able to work independently
- Any equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of higher education
- Knowledge of recruiting and marketing practices
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service
- Computer skills, particularly MS Office software applications and e-mail proficiency.
- Skilled in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Skilled in understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
- Skilled in speaking effectively to others to convey information
- Skilled in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Skilled in complex problem solving including reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Skilled in Student Information Systems such as Colleague and SalesForce
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively and to work irregular and long hours (including evenings and weekends as needed).
- Ability to work independently and to formulate and evaluate strategic plans for a specified market or territory.
- Ability to provide training and limited supervision for other staff members.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Ability to make effective public presentations, interview students
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various type of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.NOTICE:
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.