Part-Time Athletic Trainer
Job location: University Campus
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2020-10-13
Job Description SummaryAthletic trainers will perform daily evaluation and care of student-athletes who have been injured or are rehabilitating from injury. This position is temporary/part-time and will assist with coverage of athletic sporting events during the Fall 2020 semester.Job DescriptionJob Description
Duties and Tasks:
- Evaluation and treatment of athletic injuries
- Track and document injuries and insurance for student records
- Work with physicians on the care required beyond the scope of the trainer
- Supervise rehabilitation of the student-athletes, assist in drug testing of the student-athletes
- Supervise student athletic trainers and communicate with coaches and other staff members
- Assist Physicians in preparticipation physicals and review medical history
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or University
- NATA certification required
- Florida State Licensure eligible
- Care and prevention of injuries
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent record keeping.
The work environment characteristics described here are a representation of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term “qualified individual with a disability” means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office and University, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representation of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Saint Leo University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student, and graduate success.