Social Worker Senior/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleSocial Worker Senior/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24949Working TitleSocial Worker Case ManagerDepartment NameH4019: Continuum of CareWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level10Salary Range$46,675-78,499/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MSWClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
Certified Social Worker (CSW)Physical Requirements
This position requires occasionally sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time; and performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing); and standing or walking with objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Also involves some exposure to loud noises, temperature extremes, hazardous chemicals and fumes including waste, blood-borne or airborne pathogens, and combative/violent people.Shift
Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. Occasional holiday required.Job Summary
A Senior Social Worker provides medical social services to patients and families in cases where specific problems related to environmental and/or psychological aspects influence the effective inpatient or outpatient; works in tandem with the RN Case Manager to formulate and implement the patient’s discharge plan and assigned medical services. Provides psychosocial assessments for all consulted/referred patients and in situations of abuse and neglect of all age groups; provides follow-up as needed.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will possess hospital based social work experience and have Certified Social Worker (CSW) licensure; strong understanding of NASW guidelines, related to patient relationships and care; have direct patient care experience; have exceptional communication skills (written & verbal); enjoy working independently as well as closely with their co-workers in a supportive team environment; outstanding computer skills (to include Microsoft Office); above average customer service skills; and active listening skills. Additionally, candidate should be able to provide appropriate crisis intervention, emotional support, resource information, legal reporting, arrange case conferences, and facilitate bio-ethical consultations.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
A minimum of 3 years’ experience providing social services in a medical setting preferred; minimum of 1 year of experience in an acute medical setting highly preferred.Deadline to Apply10/21/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Master's of Social Work degree?
- * Do you possess a Certified Social Worker (CSW) License or are eligible to obtain one, which will allow you to work in the state of Kentucky?
- * Describe any experience you have had providing social services in a medical setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of paid work experience do you have providing social services to children and families in a medical setting?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter