Posting DetailsJob TitleStudent: HousekeeperRequisition NumberSE02735Department Name3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork LocationLexington, KYOn Campus/Off CampusOff CampusSalary Range$12.50 full-time and $14.50 part-timeType of PositionStudentPosition Time Status Part-TimePreferred Education/Experience
- Housekeeping, Janitorial, and Hospitality experience is preferred, but not required.
20-40 hours per week – Flexible hours.Job Summary
You must be a current UK student to apply to this position.
Tuition Reimbursement Available
Starting salary adjusted per validated year of experience up to 7 years
Under supervision of the Operations Manager or Housekeeping Supervisor, cleans patient and non-patient areas.
Required Physical and Environmental Demands:
- Stand, walk, stoop, stretch, and lift for majority of the day; lift up to 50 lbs.
- Clean assigned patient and non-patient areas, which include occupied and discharged patient rooms.
- Perform essential functions of the position satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Be efficient, hardworking, and detailed. Work well with or without direct supervision, whether you are working alone or as part of a team.
- Possible exposure to hazardous chemicals in the work environment.
- Be aware of hospitality standards and perform them at all times while working.
- Create a positive environment through appearance, attitude, and behavior.
- Provide a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Perform additional related duties as assigned.
Related duties may include one or more of the following:
Area Cleaner: Responsible for the cleanliness/service standards in patient and non-patient areas.
Discharge Cleaner: Responsible for cleaning patients’ rooms. Must adhere to time standards allocated for bed turn-around. Must be familiar with procedure variations (specific to type of unit), if applicable for an assigned area.
Floor Technician: Responsible for providing floor care in assigned area. Has knowledge of procedures and equipment associated with cleaning and maintaining hard floor surfaces and carpet surfaces.
Waste/Recycle Handler: Responsible for handling and transporting waste/recycling. Has knowledge of procedures and equipment associated with bio waste, regular waste, recycle programs, safety precautions, and Personal Protective
Equipment (PPE). AM/PM Freshening: Responsible for briefly visiting each patient, greeting patient by name (if appropriate), introducing yourself, then freshening room by removing waste, debris, mopping spills, replenishing supplies if needed, and tidying the bathroom. Prior to exiting the room, ask patient “Is there anything else I can do for you?”
Competitive salary and benefits package (vacation, sick time pay, holiday pay, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD, LTD, and 401K options).
We are an equal opportunity employer. We
are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Disclaimer: This job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and perform basic math.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date10/26/2020Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * You must be a UK student to hold this position. Are you a UK student?