Operations Manager/Cardiac Cath/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleOperations Manager/Cardiac Cath/UKHCRequisition NumberRE22498Working TitleOperational Cath Lab ManagerDepartment NameH3130:Gill Heart InstituteWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level14Salary Range$81,328-137,717/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BSNClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Licensed NursePhysical Requirements
The physical requirements for this position include regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time and performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing); and the ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull objects weighing up to or over 50 pounds. The conditions of work may involve regular exposure to radiation; intermittent exposure to hazardous chemicals and fumes including waste; and occasional exposure to blood borne/airborne pathogens and combative/violent people. May also include intermittent (10%-50%) job-related travel.Shift
Primarily Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. As an exempt-level position, additional hours including evenings, nights, weekends, holidays, and call may be required in order to meet job and departmental business needs.Job Summary
The Operational Cath Lab Manager is responsible for ensuring quality patient care by providing leadership and oversight of all patient care activities in the Cath Lab. This position will ensure that the department is providing the highest quality and most cost-effective care and will be accountable for outcomes related to quality patient care and services, overall patient experience, and Cath Lab care costs.
This individual will ensure compliance with protocols of regulatory bodies, accrediting agencies, and reimbursement agencies; oversee the operational management of services and staff of all Cath Lab areas within the department; and will promote overall departmental direction while interfacing with physicians, staff, and other healthcare providers in the Cath Lab.
It is essential that the chosen candidate for this position have healthcare management experience, and demonstrated clinical, management, and leadership expertise.
The executive search firm of Spirit Consulting has been selected to recruit for this position. To be considered, you must complete the UK application and apply to the specific requisition AND contact Ian Smith, Executive Recruiter at Spirit Consulting at [email protected] or (630) 869.1003.
The individual in this position must possess clinical expertise; leadership, communication and customer service abilities; employee development skills; impeccable organizational, time-management, and planning skills; and finance knowledge related to departmental oversight.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? YesPreferred Education/Experience
In addition to the position requirement of a BSN and at least three years of full-time, paid patient care experience, the ideal candidate will also possess at least one year of Cath Lab experience; a Business degree (undergraduate or graduate); and a demonstrated background of exhibiting clinical, leadership, and management expertise.Deadline to Apply10/19/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a current Kentucky Registered Nurses license or are you eligible to obtain one by date of hire?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience as a registered nurse.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Briefly describe your management and/or leadership experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Indicate the largest budget for which you have been directly responsible
- More than $0, up through $250,000
- More than $250,000, up through $1 million
- More than $1 million, up through $10 million
- More than $10 million
- * Are you a Registered Nurse with paid employment experience managing a Cardiac Cath Lab?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- Job Fair
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Other On-line/Media Advertisement
- A Colleague, Friend, and/or Family member
- None of the above
- Cover Letter