Behavioral Health Director/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleBehavioral Health Director/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24026Working TitleDirector of Behavioral Health, Inpatient ServicesDepartment NameH6140:Psychiatric ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level16Salary Range$111,634-192,379/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MSNClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
7 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Licensed NursePhysical Requirements
This position will require occasionally lifting, pushing, and/or pulling items weighing 50-100 pounds; regularly sitting/standing at a computer workstation for extended periods of time; and performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing). Exposure to risk of injuries from use of equipment on the job, cuts/punctures, bloodborne/airborne pathogens, and combative/violent people is also involved.Shift
Primarily days, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
As an exempt-level position, some days, evenings, nights, and/or weekends may be required in order to meet business needs.
The Director of Behavioral Health, Inpatient Services directs and coordinates the daily activities and nursing personnel of inpatient units at Eastern State Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital. This position is responsible for all aspects of operations of the assigned area, including nursing quality, patient satisfaction, and productivity. The patient population consists of acute behavioral health patients in a freestanding psychiatric hospital setting and an academic medical center. In conjunction with the Assistant Chief Nurse Executive, the Director of Behavioral Health, Inpatient Services is responsible for strategic planning, projects, and staff development.
This position reflects the mission, vision, and values of the organization; complies with all relevant policies, procedures, guidelines and all other regulatory and accreditation standards; promotes the recovery of patients’ health and patients’ successful return to their community by assessing patient care needs and planning, organizing, initiating, and evaluating nursing services relative to patient outcomes; and evaluates specific outcomes related to nursing sensitive indicators.
This position is required to understand and follow all patient safety policies and procedures, participate in required Patient Safety training programs, support and abide by the National Patient Safety Goals as interpreted and applied at this organization, and to do all that is reasonable to prevent injury to patients, employees, the facility, and the general public.
The Behavioral Health Director reports directly to the Assistant Chief Nurse Executive and provides direct supervision to inpatient nurse managers, patient care managers, and behavioral health specialists. Competitive compensation and benefits package will be commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
The executive search firm of Spirit Consulting has been selected to recruit for this position. To be considered, you must complete the UK application and apply to the specific requisition AND contact Christopher Gomez, Chief Executive Officer at Spirit Consulting at [email protected] or (630) 686.1414.
The ideal candidate for this position will have an extensive background in behavioral health and/or nursing leadership and a proven track record of success in a similar role.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? YesPreferred Education/Experience
Master of Science in Nursing or above, and at least seven years of employment experience in a similar leadership role within a large healthcare enterprise preferred.Deadline to Apply10/19/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently licensed by the state of Kentucky as a Registered Nurse (RN) or eligible to obtain license by date of hire?
- * Please indicate your years of paid work experience in a behavioral health leadership role.
- More than 0, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 7 years
- More than 7 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Describe your paid leadership experience within a hospital setting.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter