Neurodiagnostic Tech Registered/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleNeurodiagnostic Tech Registered/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24719Working TitleNeurodiagnostic Technologist RegisteredDepartment NameH3260:NeurosciencesWork LocationLexingtonGrade Level09Salary Range$19.66-31.91/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
2 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
The physical requirements of this position will include occasional lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects over 50lbs, standing or walking with objects up to 25lbs, sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motions (such as typing), and exposure to blood borne and airborne pathogens as well as walking and/or standing for long periods of time.Shift
Shift will vary with on-call, holidays and weekend rotations.Job Summary
The Neurodiagnostic Technologist will be responsible for performing EEG testing. Primary duties for this position include: Explaining procedure to the patient and family, measuring and applying electrodes accurately and efficiently, and performing procedures appropriate for the patient’s diagnosis.
This position will also be responsible for reviewing test and patient care data with the electroencephalographer and notifying them of critical results. Strong customer service skills, as well as strong patient care skills are strongly desired for this position.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will have excellent patient care; be able to work in a fast paced academic medical center; knowledge of advanced EEG procedures, EEG Data Management 10-20 system, computer skills, and troubleshooting EEG equipment.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
EEG and EMU experience preferred, as well as experience in performing pattern recognition.Deadline to Apply10/27/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a registered Electroencephalographic Technologist (R.E.E.G.T.)?
- * Do you have experience clipping EEG recordings?
- * Please indicate your amount of paid work experience as an electroencephalographic (EEG)technologist/technician.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Describe your paid employment experience working with Neurology patients.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- Job Fair
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Other On-line/Media Advertisement
- A Colleague, Friend, and/or Family member
- None of the above
- Cover Letter