Student: At Home Health and Help Service Provider
Posting DetailsJob TitleStudent: At Home Health and Help Service ProviderRequisition NumberSE02728Department Name3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork LocationLexington, KYOn Campus/Off CampusOff CampusSalary Range$10.00--$16.00 per hour dependent on experience and educationType of PositionStudentPosition Time Status Part-TimePreferred Education/ExperienceHours per Week
Hours vary per week.Job Summary
You must be a current UK student to apply for this position.
Purpose: Focus on needs and wants of Member and assist them according to KHAT, Plan of Care for Medicaid members and Help At Home Guidebook for privately paying members. Follow direction of Director and Wellness Consultant Nurse. Help everyone, including self, to their best possible health and quality of life.
- Reads and understands Plan of Care in Axiscare (or in an email) to help member at home to best possible health and quality of life, encouraging as much functionality and independence as possible. Sign attestation in AxisCare (or in an email)
- Documents time on paper sign in/out sheet AND enters time in AxisCare application. Mail SIGNED hard copies of time sheets on last day of pay period so you will get direct deposit on time.
- Documents all duties performed, care given, special notes in AxisCare (or on paper if Axiscare is unavailable). Your pay will not be processed until notes are accounted for.
- All notes must include and be in order:
- Date and Time In
- Name, title of services provider
- Documentation of progress or lack of progress toward Service Plan goals and objectives.
- Signature and time out
- Never document before the procedure is completed. Do not skip lines or leave blank spaces between entries. Time and date all entries and sign with your name and title. Report the events in the order in which they occur. Include the persons present at the event.
- Only report what you have personally done or observed. Never document something that was performed by a different person as if you did them.
- IF FOR SOME REASON YOU CANNOT DOCUMENT IN AXISCARE, YOU MUST DOCUMENT ON PAPER AND TURN IN ON PAYDAY!
- Calls nurse with any concerns or questions concerning the member’s safety immediately. If nurse is unreachable, call director.
- Knows and practices emergency response procedure when necessary. Knows to call 911 if member falls or in any emergency. EMTs will assess the situation and help member. DO NOT EVER TRY TO LIFT MEMBER! Calls supervisor as soon as possible to notify and get guidance about the emergency.
- Turns in SIGNED time sheets in order to get paid.
- Fills out a change of condition/incident/abuse, neglect, exploitation report immediately upon witnessing a change of condition/incident/abuse, neglect, exploitation and then signs report and gives to Director or Wellness Consultant.
- Never takes a picture or video of member! Never posts or shares on social media anything identifying about member!
- Picks up after member and self during shift and at end of the day.
- Performs other work outlined in Guidebook (for privately paying members) KHAT and Plan of Care (for Medicaid Waiver members). Follows all instructions from member or POA concerning rooms off limits, etc.
- Asks member or member’s guardian/spouse/child POA to sign time sheets at end of day. Invite member or guardian/spouse/child POA to write additional comments on sheet.
- Communicates with administrator concerning member regularly, with a minimum of once every two weeks. Administrator will make visits in member’s homes at random times.
- Completes DAIL Attendant Care Certification Training yearly and passes test with 75 or greater per cent correct.
- Practices our no chemical or physical restraint policy.
- Notifies administration immediately when not able to work a given day or time (see handbook for further instructions).
- Wears AGING WITH GRACE-The Health Club for Seniors approved attire: Name tag with Nice scrubs or casual dress or nice athletic wear. No excessive jewelry, no blue jeans, no t-shirts, no sandals, no shorts, and no revealing clothing, please.
Qualifications for Services Provider:
- Must show evidence of completed DAIL Attendant Care Certification Training and a test score of 75% or more on DAIL Attendant Care Certification Training test.
- Must complete orientation training to organization and to member served by organization.
- Must understand and implement the no chemical or physical restraints policy (see Employee Handbook).
- Must pass KARES background check, including having fingerprints taken.
- Must have clear TB test yearly and provide proof for file.
- Must pass drug screening.
- Must have and pass CPR/First Aid Training during first month of employment.
- Must be able to use AxisCare Program for note taking and time tracking.
- Must have up to date driver’s license and auto insurance.
- Problem solving skills, communication skills, people skills and a positive attitude required.
- Must show compassion and a desire to serve.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date10/26/2020Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * You must be a UK student to hold this position. Are you a UK student?