Health Syst Engineering Analyst Sr/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleHealth Syst Engineering Analyst Sr/UKHCRequisition NumberRE23912Working TitleHealth System Engineering Analyst SeniorDepartment NameH3999:EVPHAWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level11Salary Range$53,477-89,315/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
This position may require sitting, standing and/or walking for extended periods of time; occasional lifting of up to 25 lbs may be required.Shift
The shift for this position is primarily Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM.Job Summary
UK HealthCare is looking for a senior Health Systems Engineering Analyst to apply systems and industrial engineering principles to improve health care delivery and transform UKHC into a learning health system that optimizes quality and value.
This position will assist with the efforts in implementing the UKHC Enterprise Quality Strategy. This position will be responsible for projects affecting departmental operations at UK HealthCare including: process improvement, project facilitation, as well as instructional guidance and research coordination.
Duties include: Utilize lean principles or other change management methods (e.g., Six Sigma, ISO 9000) to provide direction and vision at the departmental level for identifying opportunities for process improvement, conduct and lead staffing analyses, process engineering, and workflow analyses. Other duties include: manage healthcare projects through the entire project life cycle, collaborate with clinician champions to facilitate meetings and communication, and lead project teams through complex and ambiguous situations.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of flowcharting, layout optimization, and forecasting methodologies; have exceptional communication, process improvement, project management, teamwork, and facilitation skills; be well organized with a strong emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail; proficient in Microsoft Office, to include Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel; enjoy working independently as well as closely with their co-workers in a supportive team environment; and the ability to take initiative.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Associate’s Degree and 4+ years of administrative experience within a healthcare setting preferred.Deadline to Apply10/27/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience in process improvement.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience in directly applying industrial engineering tools and methods in optimizing operations.
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Please describe how your experience relates to this position.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- Job Fair
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Other On-line/Media Advertisement
- A Colleague, Friend, and/or Family member
- None of the above
- Cover Letter