Student: Cooks, Servers & Delivery Drivers
Posting DetailsJob TitleStudent: Cooks, Servers & Delivery DriversRequisition NumberSE02742Department Name3J5SE: Student EmploymentWork LocationLexington, KYOn Campus/Off CampusOff CampusSalary Range$9-20/ hour depending on position.Type of PositionStudentPosition Time Status Part-TimePreferred Education/Experience
Some restaurant experience preferred but not required.Hours per Week
15-40 hrs/wkJob Summary
You must be a current UK student to apply to this position.
Working at our pizzeria is more than a job, it is a family! Come and work in an upbeat, fun environment with lots of opportunities for growth. We are currently interviewing cooks, servers and drivers and would love to talk to you!
We offer a very competitive hourly rate, flexible hours, training and benefits. Earn up to $20 an hour as a driver at our pizzeria, depending on availability and experience.
Delivers requested items to dine-at-home guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Delivers food orders to guests at their home in a timely manner.
- Checks the accuracy of orders before leaving the store on a delivery.
- Obeys all traffic laws while delivering food orders.
- Cleans delivery area and other areas as assigned.
- Interacts with guests at their home to ensure a positive dining experience.
- Follows LEAN processes as defined for both their role and the pizzeria.
- Works with Team Members throughout the location on a daily basis including: Store Management, Front of the House and Back of the House staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to maintain valid drivers license
- Access to reliable car for all shifts
- Maintains current car insurance on the vehicle used while performing the job
- Has a good sense of direction and able to read maps
- Verbally interacts with Management, Team Members and Guests
- Basic mathematical skills
- Able to maintain a clean driving record with 2 points or less on driving record
- Able to make change and process different types of payment
- Able to report to work in a neat clean uniform
- Willingness to work rotating shift schedules
- Able to lift up to 20 lbs on a regular basis
- Able to reach, bend, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Able to work independently
- Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is exposed to wet, humid, hot, and loud conditions. Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping, tripping, falls, burns, dog bites, poor weather conditions.
- Non slip shoes are required to be worn at all times by all Team Members in the pizzerias
- Must be at least 18 years old
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Anticipated Start Date10/26/2020Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * You must be a UK student to hold this position. Are you a UK student?