Patient Relations Assistant/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePatient Relations Assistant/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24937Working TitleDepartment Name7H669:PEDIATRICS - COMM PED CARDWork LocationLexingtonGrade Level06Salary Range$13.58-21.83/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3.5 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Sitting for long periods of time at a computer workstationShift
Monday – Friday day shiftJob Summary
The Department of Pediatrics seeks a Patient Relations Assistant acknowledge and greet patients as well as answer phones according to established guidelines.
Additional duties include: provide directions, provide efficient service and empathy for patients, data entry (including registration of all types of insurance, obtaining authorizations and referrals, basic auditing and reporting, manipulation of schedules and daily templates), managing financial issues (such as basic financial counseling for non-insured patients, point of service billing, ID missing or incomplete fee sheets), and medical records activities (proficiency in release of information, medical records tracking, record screening, consent for treatment, ID duplicate med rec numbers).
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Customer Service SkillsDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Insurance knowledgeDeadline to Apply10/20/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Choose the response which best describes your full-time paid employment experience in a medical office or clinic.
- More than 0 years, but less than 1 year
- More than 1 year, but less than 2 years
- More than 2 years, but less than 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter