Pathology Genetic Counselor Senior/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePathology Genetic Counselor Senior/UKHCRequisition NumberRE23668Working TitleDepartment NameH3200:Laboratory ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level13Salary Range$71,323-115,086/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
MSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Certified Genetic CounselorPhysical Requirements
Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods.Shift
Monday-Friday day shiftJob Summary
The Genomics Laboratory in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine a division of UK Healthcare is seeking a Genetic Counselor to join the newly developed Clinical Genomics department.
Responsibilities include: Serve as a liaison between the physician and laboratory to provide the test-related information to the clients, assistance with drafting the lab reports; communicating the results to physicians/clients; assisting in new test development; managing lab-related projects and some marketing.
IEBC – Internal Employee Being ConsideredSkills / Knowledge / Abilities
Writing skills, Excel, Windows, Microsoft Office, Teaching.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Masters in Genetic Counseling plus two or more years related experience.Deadline to Apply11/15/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a current certification as a Genetic Counselor by the American Board of Genetic Counseling or do you have the ability to obtain this certification by date of hire?
- * Do you have at least one year of professional work experience in a molecular genetics laboratory?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your years of paid, full-time employment experience with next-generation sequencing and chromosomal microarray tests.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Do you have experience in the formal instructing or educating of others about complex genetic information?
- * Describe your experience with providing technical genetic information to a client.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Curriculum Vita
- Cover Letter