Posting DetailsJob TitleDean AssistantRequisition NumberRE24953Working TitleAssistant Dean of AdvisingDepartment Name81022:ACADEMIC PROGRAMSWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level47Salary Range$54,142-89,315/yearType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
BAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
5 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Extended periods of sitting/standing, and repetitive motion. Effectively communicating with individuals from diverse backgrounds.Shift
Generally, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am through 5:00 pm. With some occasional evenings and weekends.Job Summary
The College of Agriculture, Food and Environment seeks an Assistant Dean for Advising. The Assistant Dean for Advising will play a key role in undergraduate advising and overall student success. The position serves as chief administrator of student services to include college-level decision making about See Blue U orientations and initiatives as directed by the Associate Dean for Instruction. The position will also serve as the chief advisor to the Associate Dean for Instruction in recommending new initiatives regarding academic advising as well as providing accurate and timely advising to students within the college.Skills / Knowledge / AbilitiesDoes this position have supervisory responsibilities? YesPreferred Education/ExperienceDeadline to Apply10/28/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have experience developing training materials and conducting in-person training?
- More than 0, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years, up through 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Describe your experience working with student retention and success.
(Open Ended Question)
- * How many years of experience do you have working in student services?
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 2 years
- More than 2 years, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter