Radiology Tech Interventional/CT/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitleRadiology Tech Interventional/CT/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24075Working TitleRadiology Tech Interventional/CT/UKHCDepartment NameH3185:Interventional RadiologyWork LocationLexington, KyGrade Level10Salary Range$22.44-37.74/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
AAClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
1 yrRequired License/Registration/Certification
ARRT and Kentucky State Radiation Operators License plus CT certification. Must obtain ARRT VI registry within 12 monthsPhysical Requirements
This position requires intermittently lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to or over 50 pounds; sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time; occasionally standing or walking with objects weighing up to 25 pounds; and/or performing tasks with repetitive motions (such as typing). Also involves some risk of injury from moving, lifting, or positioning patients, equipment, or materials; and exposure to loud noises, radiation, cuts/punctures, blood-borne/airborne pathogens, and combative/violent people.Shift
Day shift, plus call for weekends, evenings and holidays.Job Summary
UK Healthcare is growing once again! We are expanding our Interventional Radiology services, and are hiring for new technologists.
The IR Technologist will provide CT guidance for procedures and assist the patient’s physician in expediting needed care. Quality, efficiency, and service excellence are all essential parts of this position. Duties include: performing interventional procedures per department protocols, providing feedback on image for improvement as needed, addressing customer needs appropriately according to age specific, service specific, and disease specific criteria, and utilizing proper procedures for identifying patients.
Maintaining patient efficiency by spending the most appropriate amount of time for each task and interacting will be an essential job function, and adhering to the UK behavioral standards during interactions with patients, coworkers, and physicians, as well as external and internal customers will also be essential. Maintaining privacy and confidentiality is required.
Please apply for all positions in which you are qualifiedSkills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will possess CT experience.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
CT registered, experience with CT procedures, IR experience a plusDeadline to Apply10/28/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you currently hold an American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certification?
- * Are you aware that this position requires ARRT VI certification within 12 months of start date?
- * Please choose the answer that best describes your paid employment experience in Interventional Radiology and/or General Radiology.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- Job Fair
- Diverse Issues in Higher Education
- Other On-line/Media Advertisement
- A Colleague, Friend, and/or Family member
- None of the above
- Cover Letter