Patient Relations Assistant/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePatient Relations Assistant/UKHCRequisition NumberRE23826Working TitleDepartment NameM7000:CardiovascularWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level06Salary Range$13.58-21.83/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
3.5 yrsRequired License/Registration/Certification
Sitting at computer workstation for extended periods.
On occasion, may lift objects up to 50 lbs.
Monday – Friday. Days/times as needed by the department.Job Summary
The Department of Internal Medicine – Cardiology is currently seeking a Patient Relations Assistant to work in the outpatient clinic.
Duties include, but are not limited to providing physician support along with efficient patient care through taking phone calls in phone room. Additional duties include providing basic registration, scheduling, medical records preparation, and reconciliation of fee sheets, collection of cash at the time of service. This position may involve travel to Cardiology outreach clinics.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
Knowledge of insurance types, AEHR, Scheduling, RevRunner, other insurance verification sites, cash handling, strong customer service, AIDET.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Outpatient clinic experience.
Four or more years patient registration experience preferred.
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please indicate your paid, full time employment experience with healthcare appointment registration and scheduling.
- More than 0, up through 1 year
- More than 1 year, up through 3 years
- More than 3 years, up through 5 years
- More than 5 years
- * Please describe your paid employment experience in electronic patient scheduling.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Where did you first see this position advertised other than on UK's online employment system?
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- A Colleague, Friend and/or Family Member
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter