Patient Relations Assistant / On-Call / UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePatient Relations Assistant / On-Call / UKHCRequisition NumberDU07156Department NameH3020:Admitting and Registration ServicesWork LocationChandler Medical Center, Lexington KYSalary Range$13.58Type of PositionStaffPosition Time Status On CallRequired Education
HSRequired Related Experience
The physical requirements for this position include regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time with repetitive motion (such as typing); walking including pushing, pulling, and/or lifting up to 10lbs and occasional pushing, pulling, and/or lifting objects up to 50lbs.Shift
On-Call Shifts available: Day, evening, and night shifts including weekend shifts. Opportunity for 4, 8, and 12 hour shifts. 15-20 hours per week with opportunity for additional hours and potential for full time. Shifts may include holidays.Job Summary
Admitting and registration of patients to UK HealthCare for both outpatient and inpatient services. Collecting co-pays and payments from patients. Strong customer service background. Clerical skills. Ability to multi-task. Required to work in multiple computer systems simultaneously. Must have good communication skills.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will be able to deliver excellent customer service and able to communicate in a calm and helpful manner during stressful and/or crisis situations. Should have the ability to pay high attention to detail; work with a teamwork mindset; be able to prioritize tasks efficiently; and work in multiple computer systems simultaneously.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
N/ADeadline to Apply10/31/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Please select the response that best represents your full years paid, full-time, employment experience in medical office, patient registration/scheduling, and/or office and clerical work*If you have part-time work experience that you want to include, please refer to the following to determine your credit of full years of related employment experience:35+ hours worked per week = full credit for time worked28-34 hours worked per week = 75% credit for time worked18-27 hours worked per week = 50% credit for time worked9-17 hours worked per week = 25% credit for time worked< 9 hours worked per week = no credit given for time worked
- 0-6 months
- 6-12 months
- At least 1 full year but less than 2 years of employment listed above
- At least 2 full years but less than 3 years of employment listed above
- At least 3 full years but less than 4 years of employment listed above
- At least 4 full years but less than 5 years of employment listed above
- At least 5 full years but less than 6 years of employment listed above
- At least 6 full years of employment listed above
- * Please describe your definition of exceptional customer service, including details of how you have displayed exceptional customer service skills in previous positions.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Describe your experience working with computers, including software programs which you have utilized.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please tell me about your background and how it would assist with this position. Also tell me why you consider yourself the best candidate
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter