Patient Safety Companion/UKHC
Posting DetailsJob TitlePatient Safety Companion/UKHCRequisition NumberRE24175Working TitlePatient Safety CompanionDepartment NameH6140:Psychiatric ServicesWork LocationLexington, KYGrade Level05Salary Range$12.50-20.00/hourType of PositionStaffPosition Time Status Full-TimeRequired Education
HSClick here for more information about equivalencies:http://www.uky.edu/hr/employment/working-uk/equivalenciesRequired Related Experience
No experience required.Required License/Registration/Certification
This position requires regularly sitting at a computer workstation for extended periods of time; occasionally performing tasks with repetitive motions; lifting, pushing, and/or pulling objects weighing up to or over 50 pounds; and standing or walking with objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Also involves occasional exposure to risk of injury from moving, lifting, or positioning patients, equipment, or materials; hazardous chemicals and fumes including waste; cuts/punctures, blood-borne or airborne pathogens; and combative/violent people.Shift
Must be able to work three 12.5-hour shifts per week; shifts may include days, evenings, nights, and/or swing. Will also be required to work some weekends and holidays.Job Summary
The Patient Safety Companion works independently and under the direct supervision of the nurse and will provide continuous observation of assigned patient and ensures a safe environment for patient and staff. Must be able to visualize and hear patient at all times and intervene and notify nurse if patient is in danger.Skills / Knowledge / Abilities
The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of a hospital setting, excellent communication skills, the ability to problem solve, basic computer skills, and a calm demeanor.Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? NoPreferred Education/Experience
Prior experience as a Patient Safety Companion or sitter, or experience in a patient care setting is preferred.Deadline to Apply10/21/2020University Community of Inclusion
The University of Kentucky is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce by ensuring all our students, faculty, and staff work in an environment of openness and acceptance. We strive to foster a community where people of all backgrounds, identities, and perspectives can feel secure and welcome. We also value the well-being of each of our employees and are dedicated to creating a healthy place to work, learn and live. In the interest of maintaining a safe and healthy environment for our students, employees, patients and visitors the University of Kentucky is a Tobacco & Drug Free campus.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we strongly encourage veterans, individuals with disabilities, women, and all minorities to consider our employment opportunities.
Any candidate offered a position may be required to pass pre-employment screenings as mandated by University of Kentucky Human Resources. These screenings may include a national background check and/or drug screen.Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a high school diploma or GED?
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare recognizes a set of values that guide us in our daily interactions. By applying for a position within UK Healthcare, you are indicating your commitment and expressing your agreement to our five values. These values are diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork. Please choose one of the UK Healthcare values and give a specific example when you exhibited this quality in your professional experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- * University of Kentucky HealthCare seeks to attract, develop and retain highly skilled and competent employees, to provide the best experience for every patient, every time. If selected for a position, do you agree to abide by the UK HealthCare Values of diversity, innovation, respect, compassion, and teamwork?
- * Where did you first see this position advertised?
- UK Jobs Website
- Employee Referral
- Print Advertisement
- On-line Advertisement
- Military Connection Advertisement
- Job Fair
- "I'm Interested" page on Nurse Recruitment website
- Diverseeducation.com (Diverse Issues in Higher Education)
- HERCjobs.org (Higher Education Recruitment Consortium)
- Institute for Diversity in Health Management
- None of the Above
- Cover Letter