Research Project Manager - Research Programs - Illinois Fire Service Institute (137396)
Research Project Manager - Research Programs
Illinois Fire Service Institute
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The University of Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. As the statutory fire academy for Illinois, the Illinois Fire Service Institute (IFSI) serves firefighters throughout Illinois and the world. World-class instructors deliver more than 14,000 class hours to students online, on campus, and at regional training centers throughout the state. IFSI is operated as a continuing education and public service activity by the University of Illinois.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
The Research Project Manager will be responsible for providing support for the IFSI Research program, specifically related to human subjects and biological testing and interface with University research functions.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the completion of research project management deliverables, including project plans, research schedules, progress reports and investigational applications.
- Meet with stakeholders, including research constituents, clients, and study team, to collect and communicate business and research requirements, and set expectations for research-related work.
- Facilitate the research project management life cycle, including initiation, development, and implementation of various complex experimentation projects.
- Coordinate study teams, and manage research project timelines, to ensure research trials are completed within the specified timeline.
- Facilitate operations for human subject trials including recruitment, scheduling, follow up, and notifications.
- Lead interface with University IRB and IBC (and where necessary IACUC) units.
- Facilitate partnerships across various research constituencies, including project heads, research directors, study teams, investigators, and external collaborators.
- Assist research staff in laboratory and field site set up, data collection, demobilization and/or cleanup as required.
- Maintain laboratory and research staff safety records and certifications.
- Oversee outreach and social media efforts.
- Manage grant purchases and expenditures with the assistance of the IFSI Business Office (grants/purchasing/travel) as well as manage day-to-day research lab activities.
- Bachelor's degree in science, engineering, kinesiology, or related discipline.
- Three years of research management experience in a university, public, or business environment.
- Demonstrated project management experience including budgeting, quality assurance and reporting.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- 3-5 years of direct research experience, as well as demonstrated proficiency in project management, including budgeting, planning, execution, delivery, quality assurance, and reporting.
- Fire, fire service, or fire protection engineering related research experience.
- Ability to interact and work successfully with a variety of people and the fire service community.
- Experience working with tools such as SPSS, Qualtrics, REDCap, Github, Python.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proactive problem solver with superb planning, coordinating, and leadership skills.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders from diverse functional areas.
- Experience working with University administration, particularly IRB, IBC, and/or IACUC (or similar programs at other institutions).
- Familiar with computer software typically used in scientific research and dissemination (such as Office suite, Box, Google Docs).
- Demonstrated record of performance, positive attitude, and ability to work well with others.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION:
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after November 16, 2020. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by November 16, 2020. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following documents:
To be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Keri Frederick ([email protected]). For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior EmploymentCollege Name or Administrative Unit:Fire Service Institute Category:2-Administrative Title:Research Project Manager - Research Programs - Illinois Fire Service Institute (137396) Open Date:10/14/2020 Close Date:11/16/2020 Organization Name:Fire Service Institute