Academic Administrative Professional II - Coordinator, Faculty Affairs (College of Medicine-Pho...
Provide local support for assigned academic departments and recruitment efforts for the Department of Faculty Affairs & Career Development. Work in close partnership with multiple stakeholders, including representatives from affiliate partner sites and college leadership & departments. Serve on committees, work groups, or project teams that support the initiatives set by the College of Medicine - Phoenix. Provide office-wide administrative support as needed.
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenixanchors the 28-acre Phoenix Biomedical Campus in the heart of the Valley of theSun. The College inspires and trains individuals to become exemplaryphysicians, scientists and leaders who are life-long learners and inquisitivescholars. We embrace professionalism, innovation and collaboration to optimizehealth and health care for all. The Phoenix Biomedical Campus embodies theUniversity’s priorities of engagement, partnership, innovation, and synergy inits world-class academic and research initiatives, with clinical facilitiesthroughout Greater Phoenix. The campus also houses the UA Colleges of PublicHealth, Pharmacy, and Nursing, as well as Northern Arizona University’s Collegeof Health and Human Services, the Translational Genomics Research Institute(TGen) and the International Genomics Consortium.
Outstanding UAbenefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance anddisability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAUtuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; stateretirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Asa cost-saving measure related to the impact of COVID-19, Furlough andFurlough-Based Salary Programs have been approved by the Arizona Board ofRegents. All new hires subject to the programs will be notified in accordancewith adopted Furlough and Furlough-Based Salary Programs guidelines and will berequired to comply with all measures. To learn more about the programs andwhether this position is affected, please visithr.arizona.edu/FY-2020-2021-Furlough-Program.Duties & Responsibilities
Faculty Department Support
- Provide local support for assigned departments & chairs and OFAD.
- Manage faculty titles, annual reviews, annual projects, department meetings, reporting, and financial reconciliation.
- Work in close partnership with multiple stakeholders, including representatives from affiliate partner sites and college leadership & departments.
Faculty Recruitment Coordination
- Primary administrative support staff for recruitment efforts.
- Secondary support staff for candidate sourcing and outreach.
- Secondary support staff for candidate day visits.
- Maintain training/resource materials for recruitment efforts.
- Maintains recruitment documents, templates, and SOP's.
- Draft memos.
- Drafts and sends communication to various stakeholders.
- Compiles various survey data for reporting.
- Manage/track various communications and notifications.
- Plans, coordinates and implements strategies for ensuring effective administration to support the academic mission of the university or a particular college.
- Provides professional expertise and guidance to faculty and staff and interpretation of academic policies and procedures.
- Provides advisory, referral and information services to faculty, administrators and external agencies.
- Maintains institutional or college records related to academic policies, degree programs and degree requirements.
- Collects, analyzes and reports on data and information related to academic programs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is typically required.
• Previous experience providing excellent customer service (e.g., healthcare, hospitality, tourism, recruitment, other service industry).
• Previous experience working with data management systems.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Products, particularly in Excel.
• Previous experience managing travel and reimbursement arrangements (e.g., flights, ground transportation, hotels, and meals).FLSAExempt Full Time/Part TimeFull TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week40 Job FTE1.0Work CalendarFiscalJob CategoryAcademic AdministrationBenefits EligibleYes - Full Benefits Rate of Pay$47,048 - $65,344 Annually, Depending on ExperienceCompensation Typesalary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE) Grade8 Career Stream and LevelPC2Job FamilyAcademic Affairs Job FunctionAcademic Administration Type of criminal background check required:Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive) Number of Vacancies1 Target Hire Date12/6/2020 Expected End Date Contact Information for Candidates
College of Medicine-Phoenix, Office of Human Resources
Application: The online application should be completed in its entirety. Blank or missed information may be considered an incomplete submission.
Letter of Interest: Should clearly indicate how your skills and professional employment experience meet the Minimum and the Preferred qualifications (if applicable).
The University of Arizona has currently adopted a remote working environment in accordance with guidelines recommended by the CDC. Until further notice, interviews for this position will be conducted remotely.Diversity StatementAt the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.