Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-13
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The department of Medicine - Hematology is actively seeking a full-time Assistant Scientist. The Assistant Scientist carries out a particular research agenda in support of the University’s research goals and objectives. Moreover, the Assistant Scientist contributes to the scientific community by publishing research findings and promotes the University’s reputation as a leader in the field.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
- Contributes to basic and applied research activities and authors scientific publications, technical and agency reports, and patent preparations.
- Collaborates with senior staff to publish findings in refereed journals.
- Creates and conducts experiments and analyzes results.
- Works with other researchers to use and develop end products.
- Writes extramural proposals with approval from appropriate senior staff.
- Provides ready access to all experimental data for managing staff.
- Requests or acquires equipment and supplies for assigned project(s).
- Uses the Internet, surveys, legal documents, and other available sources to collect information.
- Applies for grants to continue research and prepares materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Ph.D., M.D. or other doctoral level degree required
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- Computer skills required; Power Point, Corel draw and other graphics software as preferred.
- Excellent skills in English (both verbal and written) required.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:r7