Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-13
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The department of Medicine - Hematology is actively seeking a full-time Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of clerical functions and office support activities for assigned department(s) to facilitate the efficient operations of the office.
- Interact and support the Physician and the ARNP/RN to ensure smooth operation of the medical practice to include arranging treatments, scheduling all tests, appointments, procedures, and assisting with arranging consultations to other depts.
- Communicate with physicians, nurses, clinical staff, and patients concerning patient care.
- Obtain prior approvals for office visits and inpatient stays.
- Call prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Triage patient problems and inquiries to the appropriate physician or nurse.
- Schedule patient tests and procedures with ancillary services in UMHC and JMH.
- (Includes lab tests, nuclear medicine studies, x-rays, MRI's, psychosocial, etc.)
- Coordinate physician contact with home health agencies.
- Chemo and radiology authorizations.
Manage and scan all outside records into online system for physicians making sure all information is available on a timely basis before clinic begins.
Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of progressive related experience.
- Knowledge of routine office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of simple data processing and transmission principles.
- Ability to utilize computerized information systems.
- Ability to read and decipher data on source documents to be entered.
- Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy and a reasonable rate of speed.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Skill in data entry or typing
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c103