Patient Experience Specialist, FT, UTower, Patient Experience
Job location: Miami, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2020-10-12
Current Employees:If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.Transforming LivesThe University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful mission to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.The department of Patient Experience is actively seeking a Patient Experience Specialist (PX Specialist). The Patient Experience Specialist will provide service excellence support with a strong commitment to Patient Experience to all patients, their loved ones, and UHealth professional and support staff. They will maintain a positive, patient, family and employee centered, problem-solving attitude by communicating with various customers toward creating an environment where engaged employees provide positive memorable experiences to our patients. The PX Specialist will play a key role contributing to a peaceful healing environment while contributing to enhanced communication and connection with our patients, their families, and unit staff. PX Specialist deploys unit-based practices related to culture enhancement, mentoring for personal and team effectiveness of patient and family centered care guiding principles and patient experience to result in ensuring a high performing unit culture leading to the delivery of a consistent exceptional patient experience.
- Assist in maintaining a safe environment for patients, co-workers, and families.
- Participates with Patient Experience Representatives, Risk and Compliance, Office of General Counsel, and Quality and Safety teams.
- Serves as an internal resource and subject matter expert on PFCC, and interpreting and contextualizing Press-Ganey survey data with the units.
- Assist with recognizing, understanding and reporting patient concerns to primary nurse and to Patient Experience Representatives as appropriate.
- Work independently and deal effectively with stress as a result of heavy workload and the handling of complex patient inquiries.
- Meets the daily production standard established for the department.
- Deploy critical thinking while responding to a variety of technical issues from patients, physicians and employees via phone, email, web messages, chat, fax or mail.
- Serve as a facilitator and coach in developing a culture of compassion and caring through building healthy relationships among staff, patients and families.
- Serve as an advisory resource for critical patient centered initiatives across UHealth.
- Adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures and safeguards University assets.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Skill in completing assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work under pressure while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to process and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Commitment to the University’s core values.
- Ability to work independently and/or in a collaborative environment.
- Proficiency in computer software (i.e. Microsoft Office).
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:Full timeEmployee Type:StaffPay Grade:c105