Bucks County Community College invites applications and nominations for the position of president. The president provides leadership for all activities of the college and is accountable for its overall operation and success.
Bucks County Community College was founded in 1964. Bucks currently serves approximately 7,100 credit students on three sites, 12,000 noncredit students and more than 55,000 fire and emergency services registrants worldwide. Bucks County Community College combines traditional academic disciplines with flexible educational programs preparing students for their future. The College is known for its high-quality academic offerings and commitment to workforce development for the betterment of Bucks County. The College’s efforts in developing workforce talents and skills help businesses succeed and achieve their strategic objectives, thereby strengthening the economic foundation of the local community.
The successful candidate will be a strong and effective academic leader who has vision, sharp strategic views, and a demonstrated ability to lead a growing, complex institution. An appropriate combination of education, training, and experience in government relations and legislative processes, accreditation processes, strategic planning, enrollment management, and budget and fiscal management is desired. The ideal candidate will be a visionary and entrepreneurial leader both within and outside Bucks County Community College, who inspires confidence and trust and who will be an excellent communicator and spokesperson who can advocate on behalf of the College.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional qualifications and personal characteristics:
- Doctorate degree is preferred; however, the College will consider an appropriate terminal degree;
- Progressively responsible experience in higher education administration or a similarly complex organization;
- Commitment to maintain and deepen the College’s strong and effective relationships with the external community; hold a strong commitment to serving the workforce needs of the county;
- Values shared governance;
- Excellent communicator, collaborator, and spokesperson;
- A track record of success having demonstrated financial acumen and executive tone at the top; capabilities to maintain the College’s financial stability in an era of challenging economic circumstances;
- Demonstrated strong, passionate and effective leadership, management, and resource enhancement skills and capabilities;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion as core values that enhance the educational process and further, a demonstrated commitment to ongoing diversification of faculty, staff, and the student body;
- Demonstrated evidence of building leadership teams and transparency in communication; and
- A vision for the future of community colleges; ability to be a thought leader and craft a vision for what Bucks County Community College should look like in the next ten years.
Preferred qualifications and additional information on Bucks County Community College can be found at: https://www.greenwoodsearch.com/bucks-county-community-college
How to Apply
Greenwood/Asher & Associates, Inc. is assisting Bucks County Community College in this search. Applications and nominations are now being accepted. For a full application package, please include a cover letter, CV and list of five references. Confidential inquiries, nominations and application materials should be directed to Greenwood/Asher and Associates. Submission of application materials as PDF attachments is strongly encouraged. The search will be conducted with a commitment of confidentiality for candidates until finalists are selected. Initial screening of applications will begin immediately and will continue until an appointment is made.
Inquiries, nominations, and application materials should be directed to:
Betty Turner Asher, Partner and Vice President
Alex Matthews, Senior Executive Search Consultant
E-mail: [email protected]
E-mail: [email protected]
Bucks County Community College does not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission because of race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual’s actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status. Accordingly, all recruiting, hiring, and promoting for all job classifications will be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, an individual’s actual or perceived disability, genetic information or veteran status.