Data Management Analyst
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Director or designee, the Data Management Analyst functions in all phases of data application operations and oversight. This position assists with analysis of user needs, requirements, dataset classifications, and other compliance needs for research and clinical applications. The Data Management Analyst will work with other engineers in the design and development of software applications that support the demands of UMMS research and business needs. They may also participate in the evaluation and research of 3rd party software and conduct feasibility studies to determine appropriate solutions. Performs duties in a manner consistent with a complex, diverse, dynamic hardware and software environment and serves a complex medical/education community. Adheres to institutional and departmental confidentiality and security policies and procedures. Provides security and privacy governance based on regulatory compliance and risk management best practices. Proactively follows up with investigators to ensure they are aware of time limits and deadlines. Manages data access software and regularly runs audit reports. Uses workflow management software and guidance documents to triage submissions to determine if data access review is required and/or approved. Ensures the integrity and security of research data access specifically in electronic format. The position requires individuals to be detail oriented, organized, independent, responsible and accountable.Responsibilities
- Participate in code reviews, support business processes, and assist in problem analysis and consultation.
- Follow Agile/ITIL/SDLC methodology, including assisting with inspections and post implementation reviews required.
- Contribute to technical design, code, testing, and debugging efforts.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of proper technical and user documentation for each system in a consistent and structured manner.
- Ensure quality control through testing and debugging software for accuracy, completeness, and system integrity.
- Interact effectively and professionally (verbally, written, etc.) with users, customers, vendors and management to ensure delivery and use of application is consistent with agreed upon project goals.
- Development of skills and expertise in present and emerging technologies by participating in formal training when possible and by independent self-teaching and tutorials.
- Provide security and privacy governance to ensure that institutional and departmental policies and procedures are followed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 0-2 years of related experience
- Experience with development/software frameworks, and SDLC methodologies
- Object-oriented analysis, design and programming skills
- Experience working in / Knowledge of Agile/Scrum framework
- Solid interpersonal skills, with ability to work well with people of all levels of information technology expertise and comfort in varied organizational relationships.
- Understanding of web services and API’s
- Experience using modern development processes/tools and developing through the complete Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience providing electronic protected health information (ePHI) governance based on a working knowledge of relevant regulations (HIPAA, FISMA, FEDRAMP, HITRUST)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required.
- Will have the professional competence necessary to review security processes and specific research activities presented for approval.
- Should have effective knowledge of data access process and/or workflow to assess and log subjects’ access to sensitive research datasets.
- Experience with data classification procedures and categories: identifiable, de-identified, anonymous, etc.
- Familiarity with procedures and practices to ensure research involving human subjects complies with federal, state, and University guidelines
- Experience with SQL Server database management, SQL coding.
- Familiar with NIST 800-53 Information Security Control Framework